Callus on beardies foot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlessaGianna

I have a 19 month old male bearded dragon I rescued from a local pet shop. He’s had what feels like a million health issues from prolapsing at 8 months to getting pinworms and then coccidia. He recently developed an infection in his anus and he’s on pain meds and antibiotics. I noticed these weird spots on his feet. My friend was thinking these were calluses. He recently shed both his legs and feet a week or two ago.
102291-7397136059.jpg
102291-3163594073.jpg
. These are pictures of both of his feet.

SPandS

Juvie Member
The top pic looks like that tiny piece is getting ready to shed. I don't see anything with the bottom pic besides the missing nail. Was it ripped off or possibly worn down? What is the substrate in the tank? Is anything in there very rough?

AlessaGianna

Original Poster
SandP":2zh8z1oj said:
The top pic looks like that tiny piece is getting ready to shed. I don't see anything with the bottom pic besides the missing nail. Was it ripped off or possibly worn down? What is the substrate in the tank? Is anything in there very rough?
his nail isnt missing, just took the pic with his foot at a weird angle. I think it might have been ripped off. The substrate in his tank is paper towels (I find this to be the cleanest thing for him, since he is prone to parasites). he has stacking rocks in the tank, two fake cacti, one fake plant, a perch, a hammock, a water bowl and his salad bowl. He is still eager to eat but he is a little more lazy than usual. We do live in an area where outside it is between -2 to 30 degrees. I spoke with his vet yesterday and she gave me some silver sulfadiazine to put on his feet twice a day for a week, so hopefully that helps.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It looks like it could be from rubbing on something in his tank, but, it could also be just some
light shedding getting ready to occur.
What type of rocks are used for stacking, are they rough or smooth?
If there is any type of irritation, the silver cream should help out for him.
Is he eating well?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom