Baby beardie concern...

Status
Not open for further replies.

reptimama99

SO. About a week ago I ADOPTED a baby beardy from petsmart. He had been in the back in isolation because they thought he had a broken foot. They took him to the vet and the vet said there was nothing wrong, he was just being stubborn. They informed me that he was not eating any crickets or worms or even greens although they were offered. They were just syringe feeding him crested gecko diet. He seems to have a deformity in his lower spine/tail. My fiance thinks it might be where someone dropped decor on him or something. He also has almost like swollen joints on most of his limbs. He moves around the current 10 gal (he's still so very small, and I do plan on upgrading when he gets a bit bigger). But tonight I was feeding and bathing him every time he moved it was as if he was twitching. He has ate a few small crickets and half a superworm for me and has shown interest in his greens. I have been feeding him cgd just in case with added multivitamin and calcium. As far as I know he hasn't drank much water (other than bathing every other day). He has pooped multiple times and continues to pop. I'm just worried. Any advice or does this sound fimilar to anyone? I feel like he's not improving and possibly getting worse.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, it's so nice that you took an interest in this poor baby. It definitely has serious metabolic bone disease [ MBD] because of lack of or improper uvb. All the symptoms point to it without a doubt. Does that store use coil or compact uvb bulbs ? One of the most important things you need to get without delay is a long tube Reptisun 10.0 t5 uvb bulb. You could also go with one of these :

http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrDQqsT8HFcLXIAnHQPxQt.;_ylu=X3oDMTByOHZyb21tBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzcg--/RV=2/RE=1550999700/RO=10/RU=http%3a%2f%2fwww.joshsfrogs.com%2fmega-ray-mercury-vapor-bulb-100-watt.html/RK=2/RS=F6pD.piRGVoT42t.JqqRSAQCVnU-

Can you post a few good pics full body of the baby as well as the lighting you have ? Here's how :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, let us know a little more about your tank setup so we can be sure everything is setup
properly for him.
It is good he has shown interest in food & in his greens. You are using a liquid calcium
glubionate mix for him?
Some pictures of the tank along with your baby would be helpful also. Let us know how he
is doing.

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Where did you post the pictures, they are not showing up here on your thread.
How is your little one doing today?
Have you been able to get him to eat or bask at all?

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am still not able to see any pictures yet.
How is your baby doing today, any progress? Please keep us posted on him.

Tracie

reptimama99

Original Poster
He/she actually ended up passing about a week or so ago. Sorry for just now replying. It was a night or 2 after you replied last. He all of a sudden quit eating anything and wasn't responding. Next day I woke up and he was gone...

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am very sorry to hear that he has passed away, so suddenly. :cry:
That is never ever easy to lose one, no matter how short or long of period of time you had him
with you.
Sorry for you loss.. I am glad that he was with you & not alone in the pet store.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom