My beardy isnt feeling to well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultralizard

Yesterday when I came home from work, I noticed my beared dragon was resting on an artificial decor, however his back legs looked stiff, so I decided to grab him and see; what seems to be the problem. Everything seemed fine however, his left eye lid seemed to be a bulging. I thought maybe he needed a warm bath. So, put him in a plastic tub that I bought at pet smart, and he seemed to really enjoy it. I did notice he drank out of the water of the tub, I mean A LOT of water. He drank soo much his stomach got big after he drank it. The next day when I turn on the uvb and the heat bulb he seemed really fine. Looked alot better. However, after an hour or so I decided to check on him and I couldnt find him in his basking spot. He was actually hiding, which I know isnt common for beared dragons. I also noticed his poop was super watery and didnt look to well. Later he started to get darker and actually started losing his color. A couple days ago some dang flys got into my house and he ate one by accent. And since I dont have a lid I dont know if he ate a few. I hope he dosnt have ringworms. Anyone know what to do, or if he just drank too much water?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I'm sorry your dragon isn't feeling very good tonight.
Can you review your tank setup with us, such as the type/brand of UVB, supplementation used,
the substrate in the tank, temperatures & foods given, so we can be sure everything is all correct
with the environment.
I wouldn't think the flies would have anything to do with him not feeling very well, unless it was a
type of bee or wasp, etc which could potentially be toxic. It was not one of those was it?
How is he doing tonight, is his beard black?

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zazzep
Top Bottom