I think my Beardie just died.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MintTea

Bought my Beardie a week after Christmas the pet store just got them in. Have a 20 gallon tank, uv lighting, basking light and heat light. Feed him only crickets and dust them one a week. This morning found him in his water dish. The dish had only enough water to wet his belly. If that much. Then this afternoon he changed position in the dish and the water had dried up. I decided to pick him up to check on him and he didn’t move body seems stiff but I could of sworn I saw his eye lid close and then open a bit. This can’t be. Is there anyway for sure to know if he’s dead? What did I do wrong? I feel like a failure and bad person.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Take him a vet and ask them to check for signs life. Most vets have portable handheld doppler ultrasounds and if there is any blood flow it will be picked up using one.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh dear, I am sorry this has happened.
Do you see any signs of breathing, etc from him? Is it possible that he aspirated some water
from his water dish?
I would remove his water dish though, in case he got too chilled or did accidentally choke on
some water overnight.
Let us know how things are going. I agree, if you can get him to a vet for analysis, that would
be helpful. You don't want to bury him if he is still with you.

Tracie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I was told by a vet to pinch their tail really hard and it they are alive they will move it
just a suggestion
Karrie

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
KarrieRee":2cqs62iq said:
I was told by a vet to pinch their tail really hard and it they are alive they will move it
just a suggestion
Karrie
WHAT!!?? What kind of a vet do you go to? Does he have a bone through his nose?
If you did that, you could break bones in the tail....WOW !
Much less harmful to just turn it on it's back. If he has signs of life he will try to right himself.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It was a vet on line- I first tried putting her under running water no response then pinched the sides of tail no response- she was gone-
Karrie

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
KarrieRee":zagwf77r said:
It was a vet on line- I first tried putting her under running water no response then pinched the sides of tail no response- she was gone-
Karrie
I am sorry for your loss.
Online medical help sites, most times can not be taken seriously, even vets. I don't trust them at all.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I don't think the OP has answered back??
I hope they update us on their dragon.
I agree, the online doctors/vets are not always 100%.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom