My Beardie pooped blood

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to start this off by saying there isn't a reptile vet near me.
So about two weeks ago my 9 year old beardie's beard got really dark. Other than that he was normal. I just assumed he was about to go into brumation. After his bearded going black for a day or two, his eyes got really swollen, his body went pale, and he became incredibly lethargic. After this happened I created a forum on here asking what I could do. He was in that state for a couple days and then suddenly got a lot better. His swelling eyes went down but his beard was still black and he wasn't eating much. Eventually he started moving a little more and it seemed like it might have just been him preparing for a shed. When he didn't show any more signs of shedding I got suspicious but there wasn't much that I could do to my knowledge.
The other day all of his bad signs reappeared and he pooped a little stool that had faint signs of blood in it. Later that day he pooped a full bloody stool and he did the same today. I gave him several warm 15 minute baths just encase he was constipated but he didn't poop. I feel terrible because as his owner I should be doing more. He doesn't look like he is going to make it much longer. He has also been making weird hissing sounds from his throat every once in a while. If anybody has any home solutions I would greatly appreciate it.
Although it is disturbing, here is a picture of his last stool from several minutes ago. I cleaned the cage since I took the photo and washed him off so he is nice and clean.

103243-4510957408.jpg

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
If your dragon is still alive I suggest you find a reptile vet and get him there..usually you can find one within a 2 hour drive,,,it is your responsibility to provide vet care for any animal you have. Where are you located? I would be happy to help you find a vet

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh my, that is most definitely an emergency. Solely based on your description, I would say he
is having liver or kidney issues, that are dire.
How is he doing this evening? Try to keep him comfortable over night, & warm in his tank, around
80 or so. Have you been able to find a vet to take him to?
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
Avian and Exotic Veterinary Care
7826 NE Sandy Blvd
Portland, OR 97213
971-361-2209

This is about an hour away from you,,thats pretty good! I have to drive 2 hours to get to my vet.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Any updates for us tonight?
Let us know how he is doing, we are anxious to hear some updates.

Tracie

personpersonson

Original Poster
Unfortunately Yoda (our beardie) past away last night. I'm pretty sure it was some kind of internal organ failure but I made sure he was as comfortable as possible. Thank you all for you replies and help.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am sorry to hear about Yoda's passing last night, I know how awful of an experience that
is. :cry: So sorry for your loss but I'm glad that he had you with him.

Tracie

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
I’m so sorry! It’s so hard to loose our precious dragons. Sending love and healing light

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom