Beardie in cold- please respond soon !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I’ve been having a lot of trouble with my little ones tank temperatures lately, a few days ago we talked with a reptile expert and he helped us out and told us what bulb to get after she told him the situation. The bulb is actually great when we first installed it my beardie was basking straight away and seemed to be enjoying it but since our dome is too small for the bulb we had to put plates under the side to stop the bulb from touching the metal grid it sits on. A lot of the temperature has been escaping from the sides and she’s been in temperatures of 24º-26º which is obviously far too cold. Today she was acting a bit less energetic than normal but she ate fine. Her stress marks have also darkened, not too dark but a pretty significant amount. I think we’re getting the dome sorted tomorrow and if not I'll get some heat mats till it does get sorted but it’s probably going to be tomorrow, I’ll go to a few places if the closest one can’t help. But is she okay? That’s really cold temperatures for a beardie to stay in and I’m really scared she’ll like d*e (I can’t write the actual word or say it because my biggest fear in the world is that happening). I just really need to know if she’s going to be fine, I’m really worried I feel so bad for letting this happen.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
That's 78F (it's not great but) your dragon should be fine until you can rectify the problem tomorrow.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, while those temperatures are not optimal for basking, they wont harm him short term.
What basking light will you be putting in his tank for him?
Pictures would be terrific also, just so we can see his environment.
Let us know how things are going.

Tracie

adriana48r

Original Poster
I’ve managed to sort it and it’s at 33º now, and that’s not it fully warmed up so I’m getting there. She started basking within an hour of me managing to heat it up so I think everything’s okay now, thank you for the replies!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your baby doing, were you able to get him at warmer temperatures yet? Let us know
if you need more help.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom