Beardie in cold- please respond soon !!

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

Beardie in cold- please respond soon !!

Postby adriana48r » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:35 pm

So I’ve been having a lot of trouble with my little ones tank temperatures lately, a few days ago we talked with a reptile expert and he helped us out and told us what bulb to get after she told him the situation. The bulb is actually great when we first installed it my beardie was basking straight away and seemed to be enjoying it but since our dome is too small for the bulb we had to put plates under the side to stop the bulb from touching the metal grid it sits on. A lot of the temperature has been escaping from the sides and she’s been in temperatures of 24º-26º which is obviously far too cold. Today she was acting a bit less energetic than normal but she ate fine. Her stress marks have also darkened, not too dark but a pretty significant amount. I think we’re getting the dome sorted tomorrow and if not I'll get some heat mats till it does get sorted but it’s probably going to be tomorrow, I’ll go to a few places if the closest one can’t help. But is she okay? That’s really cold temperatures for a beardie to stay in and I’m really scared she’ll like d*e (I can’t write the actual word or say it because my biggest fear in the world is that happening). I just really need to know if she’s going to be fine, I’m really worried I feel so bad for letting this happen.
adriana48r
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Beardie in cold- please respond soon !!

Postby Gormagon » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:49 pm

That's 78F (it's not great but) your dragon should be fine until you can rectify the problem tomorrow.
The wonderful world of bearded dragons is a magical land of mystery, enchantment, cuddles, love and, worry! A mysterious realm where things always seem to change in an instant and, the moment you think you have it all figured out, the rules change! You think you own your dragon, guess again. You are now a slave!!!
RIP Peaches 10-1-18 Forever in my Heart
Gormagon
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby AHBD » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:33 pm

Can you post pics of the tank + lights ? Here's how :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Postby Drache613 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:37 pm

Hello,

I agree, while those temperatures are not optimal for basking, they wont harm him short term.
What basking light will you be putting in his tank for him?
Pictures would be terrific also, just so we can see his environment.
Let us know how things are going.

Tracie
Drache613

Postby kingofnobbys » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:14 am

This will help you get the tank warmer : viewtopic.php?f=75&t=247863
CBDs: Cleopatra & Caesar born 28Jan19.
Puff (RIP 10Dec15),Rex (RIP 16Mar17),Toothless (RIP 26Nov17).Peppa (RIP 22Mar19).
EBTSs : George & Mildred (born july 2010).
EWSs : Fluffy - 4yr rescued lawnmowing accident victim 14Nov17.
Lucky - cat attack rescue, fatal SI RIP 21Jul2010.
Wriggles - rescued injured ,thought she was a big lizard, over 8 yrs old, RIP 2Feb16. .
Gecko : Godzilla the hatchling GEHYRA GECKO (hatched May 2019)
kingofnobbys
BD.org Sicko

Postby adriana48r » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:30 pm

I’ve managed to sort it and it’s at 33º now, and that’s not it fully warmed up so I’m getting there. She started basking within an hour of me managing to heat it up so I think everything’s okay now, thank you for the replies!
adriana48r
Newbie Poster

Postby Drache613 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:24 pm

Hello,

How is your baby doing, were you able to get him at warmer temperatures yet? Let us know
if you need more help.

Tracie
Drache613

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Beardie ER