BLOOD IN EYE PLEASE HELP

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

BLOOD IN EYE PLEASE HELP

Postby saulwilkinson1 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:26 am

hello,

i woke up this morning and looked at my dragon and i noticed that is eye looked different, after a closer look i realised it had a layer on of blood in his eye click this link too see. https://imgur.com/a/l0TPR9G

He is acting fine and has a normal appetite every now and then he closes that specific eye for a few seconds longer?

PLEASE

the next vets appointment is booked but was hoping for some helpful advice.
saulwilkinson1
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:15 am
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: BLOOD IN EYE PLEASE HELP

Postby kingofnobbys » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:53 am

He's injured the eye, probably banged in a leap or fall.

Monitor it closely , if it starts to swell or otherwise isn't right I'd have a vet check the eye immediately.
CBDs: Puff (M)(RIP 10Dec2015),Rex (F)(RIP 16Mar2017),Toothless (M)(RIP 26Nov2017).Peppa (F) (born 15Nov2015).
EBTSs : George & Mildred (born july 2010).
EWSs : Lucky (M)(wild juvenile), cat attack rescue, fatal SI RIP 21Jul2010.Wriggles (F)(rescued injured),thought she was a big lizard, over 8 yrs old, died in her sleep, RIP 2Feb2016). Fluffy (F) 4y old when rescued 14Nov2017 my little livewire , ubertame, thriving and very happy .
kingofnobbys
BD.org Addict
 
Posts: 9766
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 10:56 pm

Re: BLOOD IN EYE PLEASE HELP

Postby saulwilkinson1 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:06 am

kingofnobbys wrote:He's injured the eye, probably banged in a leap or fall.

Monitor it closely , if it starts to swell or otherwise isn't right I'd have a vet check the eye immediately.


there isnt really much for him too fall from but he was messing about under his reptile carpet yesterday so he might of caught it on that
saulwilkinson1
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:15 am

Re: BLOOD IN EYE PLEASE HELP

Postby AHBD » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:08 am

For now you can put some honey/water as an ointment. Get some raw unpasteurized honey, dilute it with about 2 parts warm water and dab it in the eye twice a day using a Q-tip or eyedropper. Raw honey is a natural antimicrobial + helped with my dragon's eye infection very quickly.
AHBD
BD.org Sicko
 
Posts: 22117
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:20 am

Re: BLOOD IN EYE PLEASE HELP

Postby saulwilkinson1 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:13 am

AHBD wrote:For now you can put some honey/water as an ointment. Get some raw unpasteurized honey, dilute it with about 2 parts warm water and dab it in the eye twice a day using a Q-tip or eyedropper. Raw honey is a natural antimicrobial + helped with my dragon's eye infection very quickly.


where is the best place to get this from?
saulwilkinson1
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:15 am
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: BLOOD IN EYE PLEASE HELP

Postby AHBD » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:16 am

Usually a health food store or Google beekeepers to see if there are any in your area.
AHBD
BD.org Sicko
 
Posts: 22117
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:20 am

Re: BLOOD IN EYE PLEASE HELP

Postby Drache613 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:10 pm

Hello,

It doesn't look too bad, fortunately. As suggested try the raw, unpasteurized honey first, to see
if that helps out for him. He probably scratched or rubbed it on something. Has he been shedding
his face or eyes recently?

Tracie
User avatar
Drache613
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 37582
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:33 pm
Location: May, Texas

Re: BLOOD IN EYE PLEASE HELP

Postby saulwilkinson1 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:01 pm

Drache613 wrote:Hello,

It doesn't look too bad, fortunately. As suggested try the raw, unpasteurized honey first, to see
if that helps out for him. He probably scratched or rubbed it on something. Has he been shedding
his face or eyes recently?

Tracie


yeah a few days ago I think it was the start of this week. not 100% sure.
saulwilkinson1
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:15 am

Re: BLOOD IN EYE PLEASE HELP

Postby saulwilkinson1 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:43 am

saulwilkinson1 wrote:hello,

i woke up this morning and looked at my dragon and i noticed that is eye looked different, after a closer look i realised it had a layer on of blood in his eye click this link too see. https://imgur.com/a/l0TPR9G

He is acting fine and has a normal appetite every now and then he closes that specific eye for a few seconds longer?

PLEASE

the next vets appointment is booked but was hoping for some helpful advice.




HERE IS THE LATEST PICTURE IF ANYONE KNOWS WHAT HAS HAPPENED. https://imgur.com/a/1BZaU3G
saulwilkinson1
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:15 am
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -


Return to Beardie ER

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users