tail rot cured?

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

tail rot cured?

Postby lilyj521 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:24 pm

My beardie, Mochi, recently went to the vet for a case of tail rot. He gave us some antibiotics to take, and said hopefully the dead part would just fall off. He also said that if her tail rot spread up at all, to bring her in to have tip amputated. I’m just wondering if the tip falling off means she’s okay now, or if she might still need that amputation. Also, if anyone has any tips for how to keep her comfy while she heals, or how to keep the wound clean, I’d appreciate it a lot! Here’s a couple pictures from after her little tail tip fell off. I’m just not sure if the darkness at the end is more tail rot or just normal tail darkness. It’s not hard or anything like the end of her tail was, its just dark. [Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]

also here’s a cute one of her sleeping, just cause she’s so adorable
[Click image to enlarge]
lilyj521
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: tail rot cured?

Postby Gormagon » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:21 am

It doesn't look like any tail rot is present. An injury or retained shed will cause the tip of the tail to lose circulation and, fall off (looks like this is one of those cases). Just dab some raw honey or, neosporin W/O pain reliever on it to aid in the healing process. No live bugs inside the Viv that go uneaten.
The wonderful world of bearded dragons is a magical land of mystery, enchantment, cuddles, love and, worry! A mysterious realm where things always seem to change in an instant and, the moment you think you have it all figured out, the rules change! You think you own your dragon, guess again. You are now a slave!!!
RIP Peaches 10-1-18 Forever in my Heart
Gormagon
Gray-bearded Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Beardie ER