Bearded Dragon Wont Eat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelzix

My bearded dragon is alert and awake and acknowledges food offerings but is unwilling to eat them.

info:
Basking temps 105-110F
Cool side 70F

I have been feeding superworms as a staple for a while although in the past have tried dubias etc.
- he has poo'd alot almost like he is emptying himself out as there is not much faecal matter when he does poo.
- I have tried hydrating him using a syringe and he was drinking happily.
- He hasnt had vegetables in a really long time everytime i offer he doesn't eat them.
- UVB hasn't been changed in around 10 months or so.

Any advice / help would be great...

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Which UVB light do you have? Some of them are fine for at least a year (T5, MVB). Temperature gradient sounds fine. Sometimes they just go through phases like this in which they aren't very hungry. Are you keeping track of his weight?

Nelzix

Original Poster
CooperDragon":19c6j23r said:
Which UVB light do you have? Some of them are fine for at least a year (T5, MVB). Temperature gradient sounds fine. Sometimes they just go through phases like this in which they aren't very hungry. Are you keeping track of his weight?

Arcadia T8 Euro range 10% uvb
Im not keeping track of his weight i did a while back though.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's one of the better T8s but still not as strong as a T5. I'd keep it at 15-20cm above the main basking area for best results. I'd start logging his weight again too just to see how it's trending. Steady or sudden weight loss can be a sign of illness while stable weight (with small increases or decreases) is usually a sign of normal health.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom