I have no idea what’s wrong with my beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taelwolf

My beardie is fairly young and I’ve only had him a few weeks. He’s been very sluggish lately and isn’t eating. I’ve found him on his back twice in the last few hours. He opens his mouth wide and seems to gasp for air and when he opens his mouth he seems to have a white creamy substance in there. I thought it was impaction at first so I gave him prunes and olive oil but that didn’t seem to help. I really don’t wanna lose this little guy. PLEASE HELP
His enclosure stays about 103 on his basking side and 90 on his cool side. I just got him a new uvb bulb the other day. He eats super worms that are probably too large and I’ve stopped feeding him them. And crickets. Anything would help please

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Poor guy, I saw the picture of the superworms in your other thread. He is reacting to being impacted + having seizures now, this can also paralyze and kill him. I'm really sorry, just hope for the best, he may throw them up yet. I don't know that a vet could help because it's the large food item pressing on his spine. Keep him warm , the cool side should be about 84 rather than 90 though. Hope for the best.

Taelwolf

Original Poster
AHBD":3tjiauaj said:
Poor guy, I saw the picture of the superworms in your other thread. He is reacting to being impacted + having seizures now, this can also paralyze and kill him. I'm really sorry, just hope for the best, he may throw them up yet. I don't know that a vet could help because it's the large food item pressing on his spine. Keep him warm , the cool side should be about 84 rather than 90 though. Hope for the best.
There’s nothing I can do?:(

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
He's possibly calcium deficient as well so if you could get his uvb bulb closet to him and get some calcium mixed with water or baby food in him. It's hard trying to get something in him in his condition. I know this is so very hard for you right now. It's not a good prognosis but he might get through. If you had a good reptile vet they might be able to do something but he's critical.

Taelwolf

Original Poster
AHBD":ivagonll said:
He's possibly calcium deficient as well so if you could get his uvb bulb closet to him and get some calcium mixed with water or baby food in him. It's hard trying to get something in him in his condition. I know this is so very hard for you right now. It's not a good prognosis but he might get through. If you had a good reptile vet they might be able to do something but he's critical.
I don’t even think I could afford a vet... I’m just not cut out to own a beardie after all ?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Don't be hard on yourself, it's easy to make mistakes with babies, especially since the pet stores don't give the right information on care. They sell the wrong uvb bulbs and don't tell people that baby dragons need very tiny insects at first. I'm really sorry you
re going through this + sorry for little Mushu.

Is he still alive ? How is he doing this morning ?

Taelwolf

Original Poster
AHBD":2xhlx5bi said:
Don't be hard on yourself, it's easy to make mistakes with babies, especially since the pet stores don't give the right information on care. They sell the wrong uvb bulbs and don't tell people that baby dragons need very tiny insects at first. I'm really sorry you
re going through this + sorry for little Mushu.

Is he still alive ? How is he doing this morning ?
He didn’t make it through the night

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Aw, I'm so sorry ! You must feel devastated, I know you are heart broken. You were trying to raise the little guy but didn't have the proper guidance from the store where you got him. I feel very sad for you, how you must be feeling now. Please don't blame yourself ! My heart goes out to you. :(

If you ever get another one in the future, log in here + I and other long time owners can help you out.

Taelwolf

Original Poster
AHBD":2mylmlry said:
Aw, I'm so sorry ! You must feel devastated, I know you are heart broken. You were trying to raise the little guy but didn't have the proper guidance from the store where you got him. I feel very sad for you, how you must be feeling now. Please don't blame yourself ! My heart goes out to you. :(

If you ever get another one in the future, log in here + I and other long time owners can help you out.
Thanks but I don’t wanna put another innocent beardie through that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom