Activity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angela3

We have an 8 month old bearded dragon (pickles) who is very active and trying to scratch up the wall. Eating is very limited. Not sure what this means. Had Pickles to the vet about 1 month ago for check up and looked healthy. This all started 1 week ago. Tank is 40 gallons basking area about 95• tube uvb light just changed on Saturday. Pickles is about 14-16” long. Please help

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Usually scratching or glass surfing means they want out! Do you ever take him out? What UVB light do you have in your tank -- also its good to upgrade their tank size to a 120 gallon or 4x2x2 size -

Karrie

Angela3

Original Poster
we take him out a lot actually. He heads right towards a window. We have a T8 reprising tube light
Karrie[/quote]

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
UVB sounds good is the UVB inside the tank or on top of screen? I dont think the UVB has anything to do w/ the scratching / glass surfing - that usually means they want out-- how is the "going to the bathroom" going- you said hes off and on w/ the eating ? Limited ? meaning?

Karrie

Angela3

Original Poster
Uvb is on top of screen and the cover for the uvb light is off of it. He is pooping. Today he actually ate 5 crickets and a little green. But usually when we put crickets in he goes crazy for them.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yep that is normal for the bugs -- I would put your UVB inside the tank - they recommend it inside w/ the cover off -- and it should be like 6" from him-- what kind of UVB do you have ? Recommended is Reptison 10.0 T8 or a Arcadia 10.0 T5 -- the T8 you should change out 2 times per year and the Arcadia 1 time per year-- you might want to try some dubia roaches -- mom and pops reptile stores sell them or you can get them on line- I switched Hiccup over to roaches right after I got him - he loved them and they are easy to care for and they dont stink - I keep them in a 10 gallon aquarium and feed them dubia food that is really cheap along w/ carrots sweet potato and apples for water -- google dubia roaches and you can find suppliers some offer free shipping-- Hiccup turns a year tomorrow and he is 20 inches long and weighs 44 grams or 15.08 ounces-
97951-280659046.jpg
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom