Suspect impaction need help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taelwolf

I have a baby beardie who has been eating fine but 2 days ago he stopped eating and has become very sluggish he has a 10.0 uvb compact bulb and I don’t remember what hear bulb he has it’s a white light basking bulb and his basking spot stays around 90. Anyway his tummy is big and he’s just sitting there. I gave him some blended prunes but nothing yet it’s been about 15 minutes. Need help!!!! Oh also I feed him super worms which might be the cause but now that we’ve got that figured out I could really use a hand figuring out a solution. I’ll be checking this fairly regularly but if you have any answers a text would be amazing at 757-985-5130

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, first off you'll need to get the basking temp. up to about 105. If you don't have a higher watt bulb, just cover part of the tank with a towel to insulate it until you can get a hotter bulb. Of course don't cover over the bulb with the towel, you don't want a fire.

Keep up the baby food prunes, did he willingly eat them ? Those are good as well as baby food squash and applesauce, and a drop of olive oil in any of those foods.

After a few hours give him a warm shoulder high bath for 10 minutes. He may not poo today [ and he may even throw up ] but hopefully it will pas soon. Can you post pics of the baby, his set up and also he size of the superworms ? Here's how :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload

Taelwolf

Original Poster
103106-8253509104.jpg
103106-9530924805.jpg
103106-1977222730.jpg
He didn’t willingly eat them I put them in a medicine dropper and had to prop open his mouth to get him to eat it

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Poor little guy, those superworms are way too big for him. Hopefully he'll pass them but he may also vomit. Have you put the towel over part of the tank to increase temps. or gone for a hotter basking bulb ?

Taelwolf

Original Poster
AHBD":1gfh2fdf said:
Poor little guy, those superworms are way too big for him. Hopefully he'll pass them but he may also vomit. Have you put the towel over part of the tank to increase temps. or gone for a hotter basking bulb ?
Yeah I got a better one it’s at 103 ish now

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. I just want to add get rid of the coil/ compact uvb. Those cause appetite,lethargy and eye issues. I'd replace it with a reptisun 10.0 t5 long tube. He should perk up with these changes.

Taelwolf

Original Poster
destiny1998":21o2zszq said:
Hi. I just want to add get rid of the coil/ compact uvb. Those cause appetite,lethargy and eye issues. I'd replace it with a reptisun 10.0 t5 long tube. He should perk up with these changes.
That’s a little too expensive for my tastes but I’ll start saving up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vaota88
Top Bottom