Bearded Dragon Adult Green "Thing" on Tail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. So, here is what is happening: When I gave Jax a bath, when I wiped her tail, the paper towel was green and there was black stuff on her tail. I was super worried so I cleaned most of it off with a long bath and then now we are going to the vet today or tomorrow or sometime this week. Help. What can I do while I wait to go to the vet? I am also bringing Lizzie my other bearded dragon that shares cage with Jax (the downsides of having pets when you are a kid) because they were in the same cage and also because she is due for a update anyways. Their cage is on ceramic tiles with a large water bowl and two climbing structures. What can I do while I wait for the vet visit?

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Sounds like it was dragged through some POOP, no need to worry. If it came off in a bath, your dragon will be fine.

lizardgirlforever

Original Poster
Here is the problem: my bearded dragons were living in sand for most of their life. When we were younger, we sort of were careless in taking care of them so...I'm gonna take them to the vet just in case and also they need a check up anyway.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
lizardgirlforever":3rj21spq said:
Here is the problem: my bearded dragons were living in sand for most of their life. When we were younger, we sort of were careless in taking care of them so...I'm gonna take them to the vet just in case and also they need a check up anyway.
Check-ups are a good thing!!! I was just trying to ease your mind a bit. the green and black stuff was poop most likely!!!

lizardgirlforever

Original Poster
Yep! I went to the vet a few days after I posted this discussion. Just a "tell you what happened." They were fine, and I went home very relieved. Turns out it was just poop, like you said. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom