Injured dragon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LunchMeats

So my beardie has a bad habit of glass surfing and trying to fight his reflection. He does it veryyy often.

I’ve noticed a scrape on one of his toes and another on an arm. (No blood at all btw)
Should I just leave the scrapes to heal on their own or is there something that I should do?

If there was blood I would suggest a clotting agent but since not I think it’s best to leave it. Maybe just disinfect his tank to make sure there’s no risk of infection but he should be fine. My girl has had similar injuries before and it was absolutely fine. Obviously if there was blood more caution would be taken but he’ll be perfectly okay.

Maybe try to see if you can shift the lighting in the room or something so as to stop him glass surfing? Sometimes they do it to get out and that but if he is seeing his reflection it’s probably stressing him out a bit. If you can change the lighting/positioning to stop the glass being so reflective it might help a bit and stop him getting hurt in future.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
For minor cuts and abrasions on reptile .

Clean it by washing gently with a swab soaked in dilute betadiene ( 1:4 dilution works well ).
After it's been washed , the best options are one or other of the following
>> apply F10 barrier ointment
>> apply concentrated betadiene and let it dry on the wound ( typically a drop or two are sufficient if applied daily)
>> apply NEOSPORIN® Original ointment to the injury
>> apply medi-honey to the injury (make sure no insects left in the dragons tank)

LunchMeats

Original Poster
Thank you so much for the help! I gave him a nice long warm bath, sterilized his tank, and applied some plain neosporin to his scrapes.

I’ll let you know if he gets better or worse!

Would it be best to just remove him from his tank whenever I catch him glass surfing? He’s almost a year old and his hormones are getting the best of him lol

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Yep. let him out to trot about and explore , he'll burn off some of that energy and will end up cured up in a corner of under something and asleep when he's run out of puff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom