Babyfood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so this is my last resort. My baby bearded dragon will not eat anything. I've had to syringe feed them a reptiboost hoping it would help. It perks up his energy but he will not eat crickets, Calciworms, he's so thin I tried feeding him the fatty worms, he liked the mealworms after I cut the heads off, but now he refuses to eat anything and it's been a while. I have to syringe feed him water as well. He's been sick since birth but he is 6 months old and is the size of a 2 month old baby only shed once. His set up is perfect I've had so many beardies before. What baby foods would help him because that is the only thing he will eat is out of a syringe. I'm worried about his calcium As well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

bayoupig5

Sub-Adult Member
Oh...I am so sorry to hear this. Sounds like you are fighting hard for this guy. I am an advocate for making my own fresh slurry. I do this weekly for my dragons who do not eat enough vegetables. I bought a magic bullet (a thrift store purcchase) for this purpose and make a variety of slurries...a food processor would work too. I would add the vitamins to the slurry. Because he is so slim and small I would also add wax...butter...or hornworms to the mixture. If you cannot make your own slurries you can use baby food. Butternut squash...green bean...a little carrot....pea...chicken. For fruits apples and berries are good...unsweetened of course. I hope your little one gets better sending good wishes.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's sad to hear, and I agree that you're really making a huge effort to help him. You might try Repashy grub pie watered down a bit . You can mix it with other baby foods that Bayou mentioned. Oxbow Critical Care is another supplemental food to try. Best wishes !

Do you have pics of the little guy ?

hailey36320

Original Poster
100925-7664156444.jpg
AHBD[XIMG said:
100925 7664156444[/XIMG]":3ln2naik]That's sad to hear, and I agree that you're really making a huge effort to help him. You might try Repashy grub pie watered down a bit . You can mix it with other baby foods that Bayou mentioned. Oxbow Critical Care is another supplemental food to try. Best wishes !

Do you have pics of the little guy ?

(If it posted) I bought chicken and butternut squash to see if he will take to it. He's perks his head up a bit more from the reptiboost I've been giving him.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Poor thing, does he have adeno virus or do you know?
Can you review your tank setup with us also so we can be sure everything is all correct?
As suggested, continue the baby food such as chicken or turkey, with sweet potato or squash
baby food, a few times daily in small amounts each time.
The grub pie is well liked most of the time & so is the critical care, too.
Are you keeping him at around 80 in his tank, overnight right now to help boost his immune
system?

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie

hailey36320

Original Poster
Tank is the normal 20 gallon set up. UV bulb I've used for all my dragons, basking side and cool side both at their normal temps (basking is a little higher and he enjoys it). I Can not see a vet right now because no one specializes in it in my area I'm in a very small town. I fed him this morning and gave him water by syringe and he knows how to walk better. Something still feels off though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bearded dragon
Top Bottom