Burmation? or something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OpalAndZayde

Hatchling Member
So, Felix hasn't really been eating the past few days, and he hasn't pooed at all today. Normally he does it around 10:30 AM. I gave him a tiny bit of Boiled Egg yesterday if that could've done anything. nothing else has changed in his viv. His skin has been quite a bit darker than usual. And he has been going to bed a little earlier than usual. Do you think it is burmation? his tank temps are 108F on hot side, and 85F on cool. At night its 65F all around. :cry:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It could be brumation or a slight, slow down phase, possibly. Or, it may be something else, it is
always hard to tell.
Can you review your tank setup with us, such as the type/brand of UVB, temperatures & the foods
you are giving him so we can be sure it is all correct. Are you taking the temperatures with a temp
gun or digital probe also?
Have you ever given him any boiled egg previously or was this the first time he had any?

Tracie

OpalAndZayde

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He is in a Exo Terra 36 x 18 x 18 viv, reptile carpet, reptile hammocks, a piece of driftwood that was baked in oven to remove parasites, and a box I turned into a hut. The uvb bulb is a Reptisun fluorescent mini compact 10.00 13 watt in a naturalistic Terrarium Hood 12Inch. I have it set up on the hot side with a Zoo Med Repti Basking Spot bulb in a zoo med deep dome lamp fixture. The temps were taken with a candy thermometer, his food is a mix of collards, apple, celery, pepper, sweet potato (every once in a while), rarely banana and tomato, and I have fed him spinach, radishes, and kale before. I try to make a variety of foods for him. And yes. this was the first time he has had boiled eggs, but he has also had a dark beard lately, and the not eating has been going on for about a week. :?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is he doing today?
If you have any pictures of him along with his tank setup, please post them. I would
recommend upgrading your UVB light, to either a T8 tube Reptisun or a T5 tube Reptisun
or T5 tube Arcadia. He may not be getting adequate UVB exposure with that compact/coil
light, they don't emit very good quality.
Do you place the candy thermometer directly on the basking spot to measure the temperatures
that way?
Is his beard still dark today?

Tracie

OpalAndZayde

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you for your reply. He is doing much better today, He pooed this morning, and his beard is a little darker. Yes, the temps were taken on the basking spot, here are some pics of his set up
102727-5264428146.jpg
102727-5885430039.jpg
102727-3355504144.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bert_L
Top Bottom