Top lip is missing !!! With pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissKevin

102997-5600195336.jpg
102997-6957168253.jpg
Hi gradually over past couple of days 7year old beardies top lip has been gradually disintegrating there is no actual blood but clear puss. It looks really sore she has the correct set up ie heat bulbs, uv bulbs, all bulbs are enclosed and cannot burn herself on them also no heat pad in the tank as temperature controlled with heat bulbs, it’s a 5 foot tank, correct diet salad and veg daily bugs once/twice a week, bathed once a week twice if shedding or depending on what she has ate, she gets free roam of the room and her tank from 3pm until 8 pm she doesn’t bash the glass to get out so injury not caused from that. We have vet tonight as this is first available appointment. I don’t know how to post pictures or I would had anyone got any clue to what could cause this

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, here's how to post pics :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

Sounds like you give her a great life , huge tank and all . Post pics of her set up as well. BTW, it may not be related to her problem but having her out for 5 hours is a very long time. They need the temps. to be around 80-105 wherever they are for most of the day.

MissKevin

Original Poster
Thanks ahbd I’ve now added pics

Kevin is not out for constant 5 hours she can come and go and she pleases which she does

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Poor girl, that looks very irritated. Good that you have a vet appt., she'll probably be put on antibiotics. The best antibacterial you can put on to help right away is raw unpasteurized honey. It's great for all types of wounds + heals things quickly.

My only concern with the free roaming is that if she is not warm enough while her immune system is down it can make this worse, then it becomes a cycle. They can get drowsy when out of the heat and just become lethargic rather than really feel the urge to [ or know how to ] get back to their heat source in the tank.

Can you post pics of her set up ? And how she comes + goes to it ?

MissKevin

Original Poster
Hi after trip to vet they gave her iodine to clean the wound pain killers and antibiotics. She is now on tank rest and will not be allowed out her tank until this has cleared I will put pics of her set up on soon. Her tank is on ground level so she could come and go as she pleased. I’m now hoping she won’t start bashing her sore face on the glass so she can get out.

Thankfully She Is still eating with no problems as she can’t have the meds on an empty stomach.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Poor girl, did the vet say what it was, a bacterial infection possibly?
Also, to help her heal up, be sure to keep her warmer overnight, around 78-80 to boost
her immune system.
It sounds like she has a great life!
Which UVB tube do you use, what brand is it?
You can also use some raw, unpasteurized honey on the mouth area, too.

Tracie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Drache613":3mx1fj5h said:
Hello,

Poor girl, did the vet say what it was, a bacterial infection possibly?
Also, to help her heal up, be sure to keep her warmer overnight, around 78-80 to boost
her immune system.
It sounds like she has a great life!
Which UVB tube do you use, what brand is it?
You can also use some raw, unpasteurized honey on the mouth area, too.

Tracie

Trouble with trying to keep honey on the lip is if she's like all my pet skinks and dragon, the honey doesn't stay on the lips very long, it's immediately licked off and consumed ( lizards says "yum !" ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom