Juno not pooping! Tried everything!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bethnjuju

Hello! Juno stopped pooping since we moved. She’s a little over 1 year. It’s been two weeks and one day since she’s gone. Since we moved she has gotten lethargic and seems to have brumation behavior. Paper towel substrate, proper UV, 90-100 basking spot, 70-80 cool hide. She seems happy, no stress marks, no abnormal behavior. Eats veggies everyday, 2-3 supers every other day, and dubias once a week Took her to the vet this past week. Ruled out impaction. She has been given 1-2 baths daily. Runs while she’s in the bath. Added pure pumpkin, applesauce, and olive oil to diet to help get her going! Still nothing! Is there anything else I can do? Should I be worried?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, this is totally normal and nothing to worry about. Moving can be stressful and can trigger semi brumation behavior. Keep offering the natural laxatives and a warmer than usual bath every other day, not twice a day . [ More stress ]

bayoupig5

Sub-Adult Member
I used to have a bad pooper. The only thing I can add is this....

Definitely bath in a little warmer than usual, and do not let the water get cool. If you have time you can do this twice a day and for about 15-20 minutes. While in the bath massage the belly. I place both my hands to the back the the beardie, thumbs resting to the lower back at the base of the tail. With my index/pointer finger I would gently massage the right and left side of the belly from ribs to vent, over and over. With the other fingers free, my beardie would prop her legs up on them. Anyway, I would massage for up to five minutes, let her rest or swim for a few, and repeat. I would eventually get poop, but sometimes this would take quite a while. The longest Emmalee went without poop without brumating was 3 weeks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom