Constipated beans

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my beardie beans is constipated and hasn't pooped since last Saturday when she was regularly going every 2-3 days any advice would be appreciated I have started giving her belly massages in a warm bath and apple sauce and in the bath I have been noticing bits of cricket coming out when massaged but any further advice would be appreciated as I know a little reptile care but I am no expert and mainly know in-depth mammal care

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Keep offering the apple sauce as well as dripping water on her nose to lick up. Keep her well hydrated and maybe offer a couple of small drops of olive oil. This should help her eventually go if she's backed up.

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
Hi,

It's possible that temperatures or UV could be off, and that could be affecting her digestion, or she might be impacted. Have you changed her diet at all? I'm fairly new to beardie care myself, but I've seen similar posts and the senior posters always ask for setup information: lights, substrate, any changes to environment, etc. If you put those here, that'd be a start.

BubbleBuddy

Original Poster
Aaradimian":834u8hma said:
Hi,

It's possible that temperatures or UV could be off, and that could be affecting her digestion, or she might be impacted. Have you changed her diet at all? I'm fairly new to beardie care myself, but I've seen similar posts and the senior posters always ask for setup information: lights, substrate, any changes to environment, etc. If you put those here, that'd be a start.
nothings changed temps are 94-95 the uvb fine as I'm using a brand new Mercury vapour and she's eating crickets

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
Okay. Depending on the dragon's age, the temp might be able to go a little higher. I keep my adults around 105*F at their basking spot. Also, a mercury vapor UV might not be the best choice. From my reading here, other posters recommend either a Reptisun 10.0 tube or, better, and Arcadia T5 HO fixture with reflector and at least a 10% tube. Temps and UV seem key to keeping their internal processes in line, along with diet, of course :)

That said, it might not be anything to do with that & could be just a wait & see situation. If she looks to be trying to go but struggling, then I'd say there's probably a problem. Otherwise, might be best to monitor. Mine's "schedule" is anything but.

BubbleBuddy

Original Poster
She pooped today after more apple sauce and olive oil and yeah I have a weird problem with tubes as every fitting I buy for tube fittings explodes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom