8 month old beardie not eating

Status
Not open for further replies.
98665-1776736128.jpg
she has not ate for the past 3 days. I leave greens in the cage everyday. she was eating well before this I tried giving her favourite hornworms she ate them but nothing else. she is not shedding and looks healthy still she is a little chubby. I changed the uba light that is the only thing I did, It has been very cold here in Canada for the past few days could she be going into brumation. I have no other dragons so it could not be eggs. I use paper towel as substrate and clean it every other day.
98665-5014383649.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Spyro looks very good, a big girl at 8 months. Did she brumate this season?
Has she ever laid any infertile eggs before?
A lot of times, at or around 6-7 months, they change their eating preferences quite a bit. Some
will even slow down to do a partial brumation at that age, but not always. She will still grow in
length more & may fill out more also. What is her weight, do you know?

Tracie

deniselovestochat

Original Poster
Drache613":2oaq13o6 said:
Hello,

Spyro looks very good, a big girl at 8 months. Did she brumate this season?
Has she ever laid any infertile eggs before?
A lot of times, at or around 6-7 months, they change their eating preferences quite a bit. Some
will even slow down to do a partial brumation at that age, but not always. She will still grow in
length more & may fill out more also. What is her weight, do you know?

Tracie
she never laid eggs before but now she is getting restless and tarring up her cage. I have paper towel on the bottom and she rips it up. should I put dirt on the bottom to see if she will lay eggs. I have eco earth that I had for a frog but it passed away it was not used by the frog. I don't know her weight but she is a big girl. She will eat bugs every three days now and eat her greens everyday.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

She could quite possibly be getting ready to lay or is at least developing follicles & may or may
not lay.
Paper towels are fun for them to shred as long as they don't eat them once they shed them. LOL
I would recommend getting a large plastic bin & fill it with potting soil without any fertilizers, etc
in it mixed with washed & sifted playsand which is safer than vermiculite or perlite. Just make it
at least 8-12 inches deep & moist enough to hold up to her digging a burrow if she wants to.
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom