Help!! My bearded dragon ate a stink bug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janeyjet

Photo Comp Winner
Hey so my bearded dragon Arthur on mistake ate a stink bug. He is only four months old. I’m really nervous. Will he be okay? Are they toxic?

TeddyWyon

If he just ate the one then he'll be okay. Given that, he is still relatively young and keep a close eye on him. One bug won't hurt but if it carried a parasite then there is cause for alarm. Keep a close eye on his fecal matter and eating habits, if anything happens out of the ordinary within two weeks then take him to a vet. Other than that? You should be okay.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh my, that could not have tasted very good at all though!
As far as I know, they are not toxic but they might cause an upset tummy. If he seems to have
an upset system, you can get some probiotics such as non dairy acidophiliz, or non dairy organic
soy yogurt to help him out.
You can make a detox slurry for him if needed, too. Get some parsley, cilantro, oregano & basil
to mix together using either water or diluted cranberry juice to give to him. That will help to detox
his system. If you have any activated charcoal powder, you can add a tiny pinch to that also.
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom