Beardie rolling eyes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

My beardie is out of her tank hanging out with me. She's in my shadow, falling asleep on the floor. I moved my head and she woke up when the light hit her. Then I noticed she rolled her eyes in to the back of her head, exposing what looked like the mucus-y back part of the eye. She isn't spasming, she seems to be eating just fine, pooping ok, so is this a health thing or just her trying to sleep? TIA for any insights.

Update: She just bulged out both her eyes when I put her back under her heat lamp, and her beard flared up a bit and then everything went back down to normal. Is this just her shedding?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Photos .

If really worried, best to not delay and take her to the nearest reptile vet for an assessment if this is still happening, if there is nothing to worry about the vet will tell you and send you and your dragon merrily on your ways.

They do bulge the eyes and flare the throat and beard when they are getting ready to do sheds on these areas.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
reidfatherofdragons":3w3q1a5q said:
full

This is her this morning. She seems to be behaving normally, no swelling or eye trouble.
From what I can see , the eye shown looks fine to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom