Beardie rolling eyes?

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

Beardie rolling eyes?

Postby reidfatherofdragons » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:04 pm

Hi everyone,

My beardie is out of her tank hanging out with me. She's in my shadow, falling asleep on the floor. I moved my head and she woke up when the light hit her. Then I noticed she rolled her eyes in to the back of her head, exposing what looked like the mucus-y back part of the eye. She isn't spasming, she seems to be eating just fine, pooping ok, so is this a health thing or just her trying to sleep? TIA for any insights.

Update: She just bulged out both her eyes when I put her back under her heat lamp, and her beard flared up a bit and then everything went back down to normal. Is this just her shedding?
reidfatherofdragons
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Beardie rolling eyes?

Postby kingofnobbys » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:34 pm

Photos .

If really worried, best to not delay and take her to the nearest reptile vet for an assessment if this is still happening, if there is nothing to worry about the vet will tell you and send you and your dragon merrily on your ways.

They do bulge the eyes and flare the throat and beard when they are getting ready to do sheds on these areas.
CBDs: Puff (M)(RIP 10Dec2015),Rex (F)(RIP 16Mar2017),Toothless (M)(RIP 26Nov2017).Peppa (F) (born 15Nov2015).
EBTSs : George & Mildred (born july 2010).
EWSs : Lucky (M)(wild juvenile), cat attack rescue, fatal SI RIP 21Jul2010.Wriggles (F)(rescued injured),thought she was a big lizard, over 8 yrs old, died in her sleep, RIP 2Feb2016). Fluffy (F) 4y old when rescued 14Nov2017 my little livewire , ubertame, thriving and very happy .
kingofnobbys
BD.org Addict

Postby reidfatherofdragons » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:25 am

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploa ... _large.jpg

This is her this morning. She seems to be behaving normally, no swelling or eye trouble.
reidfatherofdragons
Newbie Poster

Postby kingofnobbys » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:08 am

reidfatherofdragons wrote:Image

This is her this morning. She seems to be behaving normally, no swelling or eye trouble.

From what I can see , the eye shown looks fine to me.
CBDs: Puff (M)(RIP 10Dec2015),Rex (F)(RIP 16Mar2017),Toothless (M)(RIP 26Nov2017).Peppa (F) (born 15Nov2015).
EBTSs : George & Mildred (born july 2010).
EWSs : Lucky (M)(wild juvenile), cat attack rescue, fatal SI RIP 21Jul2010.Wriggles (F)(rescued injured),thought she was a big lizard, over 8 yrs old, died in her sleep, RIP 2Feb2016). Fluffy (F) 4y old when rescued 14Nov2017 my little livewire , ubertame, thriving and very happy .
kingofnobbys
BD.org Addict

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Beardie ER