Eye problems need help please!

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

Eye problems need help please!

Postby Beardy12345 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:02 pm

My baby bearded dragon has an eye issue i noticed it as he was walking around in the tank he would walk into walls sometimes. I just got him not even a day ago i am really concerned he is very active and eats and sleeps well he is fine but cant see out of his eye. Any recommendations! Should i take him to the vet like some people are telling me to do i dont have tons of money so i need ideas. Thank you![Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]
Beardy12345
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Eye problems need help please!

Postby AHBD » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:14 pm

Hi there, you can try to gently rinse it with plain saline eyewash. You can also try turtle eyedrops from the pet store or some raw honey diluted with a tiny bit of warm water . Or you could order the Terramycin eye ointment here, it's an antibiotic ointment.

http://www.beardeddragon.co/index.php?r ... uct_id=243

If the eye doesn't improve after a while then you can look for a certified reptile vet but one of these things should work. By the way, do you have sand in the tank ? That could irritate it. Otherwise he looks good, like a little fatty. !
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Beardie ER