Help...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I was given a Fancy Beard Dragon and it’s approximately around 3 months. Few days ago my cat Got a hold of it and I came home and found it on the floor. It had a open gash under its belly. I can’t take him to the Vet because I have no money and I’m trying to find the best way I can to get it to heal. I have a band aid around the wound. She moves a little she eating but not as much and drinking water. She moves her head when I talk to her.
Help please.!

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
Cat wounds are very dangerous because of the bacteria in their saliva. Also, your cat may have caused internal injuries, which require immediate vet care! Without this, it is likely he/she will not make it, but if you have some raw honey, not pasteurized or a honey-substitute, apply it to the wound. This is NOT a substitute for the vet, just triage.

If the little one survives, you MUST keep it and the cat apart, including securing its cage and preventing the cat from ever having access to it again. The cat now knows the dragon is there and will most likely stalk & kill it even if it is a well-fed indoor cat.

Please do not delay a vet visit! The dragon's life is at stake!

raw honey, neosporin, make sure it stays clean that means you yourself need be sterile before touching . like the previous replyer said cats have lots of bad stuff in there saliva.. my dad himself was bit this summer by complete accident and ended up in the hospital for 3 months. not fun. ive also heard things about Colloidal Silver but i havent been in a situation were i have needed it.

but the best thing in this situation would be to go to a vet.. i know thats not what you want to hear but if things are considerably bad then it is whats in the little ones best interest. im sorry :(

best of luck to you both. keep us all updated!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am very sorry this has happened. I hope you have secured the area, because unfortunately
this will happen with cats.
As suggested, raw, unpasteurized honey, or colloidal silver gel can help ward off infection. I
would avoid antibiotic ointments since they are petroleum based & might aggravate open type
of wounds. Is it oozing or bleeding?
You will need to wrap it in gauge, to keep it clean. If it is that bad though, he really should get
some type of medical attention or he may not make it.

Tracie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
This is why I harp on warning people about letting cats anywhere near their pet lizards :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

DEFINITELY DON"T DELAY the vet visit any longer, there are very hard to treat germs on a cats teeth and claws and the little dragon is very unlikely to survive this attack unless prompt antibiotic treatment is started. The quicker you get the victim onto a course of antibiotics the better it's prognosis.
Should have been taken to the vet inside 24 hours.

Raw honey or neosporin wont cut the mustard in this case especially since there is a deep injury and germs are now in his bloodstream . The result will be a very hard to treat systemic infection / blood poisoning . The vet needs to take bloods to determine the most effective antibiotics to mix to treat this.

If you can't afford a vet , I STRONGLY SUGGEST you contact a reptile rescuer and they will take the injured dragon off your hands and make sure it receives the best possible vet treatment and they will care for and rehabilitate it and then rehome it with someone who can provide it a loving and safe home.

Now the cat has been at the dragon , you are going to have a very hard time keeping the cat away from it as it will want to have it's evil way with it .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom