Scales falling off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beardymidna

102669-2518551369.jpg
102669-2136783228.jpg
Am new here so hoping I've posted this in the correct place! A while back we noticed a our beardy had caught her tail on something. I think the area was beginning to shed, at first the area was flatter than the rest of her scales and had smaller whiteish scales. We've kept it clean and left it to heal. However, I've just checked and the scales have all fallen off and its just smooth white skin? Does anyone have any ideas on what's going on? Many thanks in advance!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It looks like it has healed over. That end bit may eventually fall off. Keep a close eye on it. If it stays like it is, it should be fine. Look for damaged scales or shriveling moving further up the tail which may indicate infection. If you see that happen then a vet visit is warranted. Based on that photo though I think it will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom