Albon for coccidia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brittneesmile

Hatchling Member
My beardie has coccidia, I just picked her meds up today. The vet said she has high levels. I’m wondering everyone experience with the medication. She’s almost 2. I have to give it to her for 6 days.
Any advice is welcome

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ask Tracie I know some of them are pretty harsh--
You can PM her

Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Albon is harsh and you wouldn't believe how vets prescribe it for anywhere from 5 to 28 days. I would run if they said any more than a week. But I wouldn't use it in the first place. There's a much less harsh med. that usually works in 2-3 doses. You can get it here.

http://www.beardeddragon.co/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=246

Depending on a dragon's weight it can be bought in 2 different strength's, this one and a 5.0%. Dosing instructions come with it. It's the best anti -coccidial out there.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Sorry, I didn't see that you mentioned 6 days. That's not too bad. Being an adult is less risky than using it for a baby. Has she been eating well and is she a good size ?

Brittneesmile

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":3pqnsi16 said:
Sorry, I didn't see that you mentioned 6 days. That's not too bad. Being an adult is less risky than using it for a baby. Has she been eating well and is she a good size ?

I’m starting it tomorrow morning. She’s a good size beardie. I got told by the vet she has large thighs loll
She’s been eating well, she hasn’t turned away her superworms. She just is still stubborn about her veggies every once in awhile lol

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
She should be fine. If her appetite starts to lag you can get a probiotic like non dairy soy yogurt. Probiotics help restore the balance of gut flora that the meds. may deplete.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I definitely would look into getting the probiotics for her, just to help out since the Albon can be
pretty hard on them. At least she is still eating well, that is great to hear!
Keep her well hydrated too, so her kidneys can flush it all through. Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

Brittneesmile

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Drache613":1w6bgabt said:
Hello,

I definitely would look into getting the probiotics for her, just to help out since the Albon can be
pretty hard on them. At least she is still eating well, that is great to hear!
Keep her well hydrated too, so her kidneys can flush it all through. Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

We’re on day 2 now, I gave her a bath yesterday, I’m wondering if I should do daily baths or not. She hasn’t been wanting to drink water from putting it on her nose. Lol

Brittneesmile

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":1o5aus3s said:
She should be fine. If her appetite starts to lag you can get a probiotic like non dairy soy yogurt. Probiotics help restore the balance of gut flora that the meds. may deplete.

So I got soy yogurt for her and gave her a couple drops.
I also go butternut squash baby food for hydrating. She won’t drink hardly any water. Her appetite is still good aside from veggies. She will eat two pieces of arugula and then she’s over it lol
I also just noticed she’s shedding now. So she’s probably really frustrated this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom