Help plz, emergency, cant get in to vet for 3 days

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a baby dragon approx 6in long. He has been to the vet and had a fecal done. They found higher levels of coccadia and she said there is signs of pinworms also. I was prescribed 3 meds. Been feeding critical care through a syringe due to not eating. Everything was going good, i seen a increase in appetite and maintaining bodyweight, still not very active but its onpy been a week. Fast forward till today, he was up last night crawling around all night in his sleep and woke up twice to throw up and has been dry heaving since. I gave him a little bath 2 hours after the lights kicked on to try to help hydrate him and settle his stomach, it didnt seem to help. The dry heaving is taking a toll on him. Hes reachimg for the sky , puffing out his beard and gasping with his tongue out. No coughs or crackling, no puss or oozing. He looks as if he starting to losse balance hes starting to fall over when it happens i also know hes been going in circles favoring his left side. Im not sure what to do, i cant get him to a vet till thursday that is not early enough. I have a previous thread over in the behavior section with enclosure setup and a journal of what has been going on up till this moment. If anyone knows what i can do to get him by till thursday? I havent even bothered to try feeding him. I dribble a ittle water on his nose diring his bath and he licked it and started wanting to throw up more. Here is a link to the other post.

https://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=246857

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Aw, this is si sad for you. Poor little guy, it actually sounds like atadenovirus. They do the extreme neck arching [ stargazing ], seizures, etc. I don't know that there's much you can do.

Did he maybe eat too much of the mixture or did it possibly go down the wrong way ?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh, so sorry ! Poor little guy, I know your heart is broken. It does sound like he had ADV. Ask at the store if the other dragons got sick, go in to see them yourself. If so the shop should def. give you a refund. But all my sympathy to you, I know this must be so hard right now. :(

Quicksilv312

Original Poster
AHBD":2t4sxpii said:
Oh, so sorry ! Poor little guy, I know your heart is broken. It does sound like he had ADV. Ask at the store if the other dragons got sick, go in to see them yourself. If so the shop should def. give you a refund. But all my sympathy to you, I know this must be so hard right now. :(

Yeah the symptoms just came about today after he started throwing up and thats the first thing i thpught was adv. He was also tryig to dig yesterday and not in his basking spot as much as he usually is. I plan on heading to the pet store after the holidays to see, they were supposed to get back to me last week. I called them after the last vet visit. It is sad, especially when my daughter finds out. Im at a sort of dilemma on what to do with all these feeders as im not sure we are going to be ready to try this again anytime soon. Thanks for the support everyone, im sure he wouldnt have made it as long as he did without the knowledge i gained from this forum.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is so sad, I'm sorry to hear about your little one passing so quickly. :cry:
It is gut wrenching to lose one. Adeno is horrible & wish breeders would stop the insanity.

My sincere condolences.
Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abby999
Top Bottom