Red patch just under mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shad0wBD

Just got a new bearded dragon as a gift for Christmas and have been reading lots of articles on them have gotten everything recommended and he has been eating live cricket that I buy from pet sense. but, just 10 minutes ago I noticed he had a small red patch on the under side of his mouth so I did some research to make sure it was safe to clean the area and after a few minutes I took him out of his encloser and started to clean the area to make sure it would not get infected but as I wiped away the blood to clean it I noticed he had no cut and the blood was not coming from his mouth (he had no blood directly on his mouth so I’m not perfectly sure it didn’t come from it) (also sorry if anything is unclear this is my very first post ever on any kind of forum)

Shad0wBD

Original Poster
Also I had forgotten to take a photo of the patch before I cleaned because I thought it was it’s a cut

Shad0wBD

Original Poster
As of now the only thing he has eaten is the pellets that were given to us when we got him which are bright pink cucumber, asparagus, mustard greens, and dried and live crickets also he is housed alone

Shad0wBD

Original Poster
I do not think it is the pellet because as I mentioned they are a bright pink while the mark on his chin was a deep scarlet color like dried blood would be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom