Cat hair stuck in dragon’s eye? How common an issue is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vallium

So my dragon had really bad eyes and I was really worried I’ve done my best to take excellent care of her and had no idea what could have caused it,

There was a small bit of hair I noticed stuck in her eye. In the end though I never realized that it was a longer strand stuck inside the eyeball, I had no idea something like that could happen

Nothing I read prepared me for that, I had no idea that could happen. Don’t get me wrong it’s my own fault, I have two cats, they like to hang out on top of the tanks. I also like to let them free roam outside for short periods. Unfortunately I live in an apartment and have carpet (ugh), so I guess the solution is to vacuum more or section off the kitchen which has hardwood floor to roam on. I want her to get the chance to roam because it makes her happy (“happy”, the beardie equivalent?) so I hope that’s not something I have to stop doing. Oh, and ban the cats from the tanks somehow

Any suggestions what I should be doing better? I know it’s bad I feel awful about it so help is appreciated.

What I really want to know is why it happened and I’m wondering why it’s not more common information that hair can get stuck in their eyes like that. Has this ever happened anywhere else? Edit: So I guess I can conclude that debris getting stuck in a dragon’s eye is wood chips, gravel, sand, AND cat hair. Because that’s the only other things I can find. Apparently they are sensitive to it

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Poor dragon, that's a new one. :? It must have happened while your dragon was on the floor since that's where most of the hair would be. Did you get the hair out ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom