New Baby Beardie isn’t eating or pooping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MakandRome

Hello! I just got my first bearded dragon yesterday. It is a very small baby, and so far seems very sweet! However, should I be concerned that it’s not eating? It ate one super worm with plenty enthusiasm last night at dinner time, but I tried offering two others and they’re still just crawling around! They also haven’t touched their salad (which I know is normal for a juvenile) but I’m a bit concerned because they haven’t even used the restroom. I’m sure I’m just being overly worrisome, but is this normal? Thank you!

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Do NOT feed babies superworms at all, they are TOO BIG and, hard on their digestive system.!!!! Pinhead crickets, BSFL, silkworms or, dubia roaches are all good feeders. Never feed anything longer or wider than the space between your dragon's eyes.

This combined with relocation stress is where the problem is. Give him time to settle in for a while.

Superworms and, mealworms are only to be given to adults as treats about twice a month because their exoskeletons are hard to digest and, can cause impaction.

MakandRome

Original Poster
UPDATE:
I only bought small ones for an extremely temporary meal for Rome. I didn't plan on feeding them to her more than once or twice and once I did more research I knew I needed to hunt down some crickets. As the pet stores near me were out of crickets. I went an hour away today just to get her/him some! Rome ate two. I was mostly concerned about the fact that I'd had her and she/he wasn't using the restroom, he/she's gone once so hopefully she is going to continue to do so. Thank you for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom