Is this tail rot? PLease Help asap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jachin

Just wondering if this is the start of tail rot. I have the proper medication to treat it and I don’t know for sure if I need to do it or not please help
99902-6256496510.jpg
99902-9884740188.jpg
99902-6141012176.jpg

Sixxx

From what I see, I think it may be a tail rot. Before you apply any medication or send him to the vet, how and when did this start?

Jachin

Original Poster
Not sure when it started exactly but I only noticed it two days ago. I have the proper lighting proper diet and the tank is cleaned quite often, so I dont know where I went wrong.

Jachin

Original Poster
She did however have a bad fall recently, do you think it could just be damage to the tail?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, that's not from a fall because a piece of it is missing. That would be from getting caught under something very heavy [ or in the top of an enclosure ] or being bitten . Do you have another dragon with her ?

Post pics of it when it's dry and BTW, soaking it is more damaging because the water would have bacteria [ from her body, dirty feet, etc ] that can enter the wound . The only way that soaking could be helpful is if you put about 10 parts betadine [ enough to make it look like iced tea ] but don't let her drink it. Some people just put the water/betadine in a jar or something and let the tail dangle in it without the entire body getting soaked. You can also use neosporin on it or raw honey. Make sure there are no loose insects in the tank to bite at the tail.

Jachin

Original Poster
alright sounds good and thank you I didnt even know. I will post pictures right now , and no there is no other Beardies with her.
99902-4250951684.jpg
99902-3738999725.jpg
99902-1863008901.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom