Odd behavior? ASAP pls

Status
Not open for further replies.

MollyMoo98

So my beardie for the past 4-5 days has been running around like crazy, bobbing his head against the glass, doing this weird back and forth head bob thing?, scratching the glass and jumping at the glass from his log.
He is still eating though not as much and he is pooping WAY more than normal about 2-3 times a day.
His tank is 97-105 degree's on the hot side and around 80 on the cool side.
He has a Reptisun basking light that is a 100 watts and a Reptisun t10 10.0 tube UVB light.
His tank is 55 gallons which I know is too small and we are working on getting a 90 gallon.
He is fed Collard greens, Dandelion greens, Escarole, Green bean and Butternut squash as well as crickets as a staple.
He does not have a black beard or stress marks.
He is a rescue from my sister where he was severely malnourished and wasn't given proper lighting for 5 yrs and has recently in the past yr gotten healthy.
He is six yrs old so, I don't think it is puberty but with his unhealthy previous environment could it be? Maybe his development was stunted?
His poop is no longer runny and is the right consistency and he is not dehydrated
He is peeling but this is not his usual peeling behaviour.
He has not been through brumation or an idle period.
Does anyone have any idea what's up with him? It's worrying me a lot and I'm afraid he may hurt himself. I have been taking him out a lot hoping to let him burn energy but it doesn't work.

P.s I have no other beardies
Below are pictures of his set up and him
99094-8700950108.jpg
99094-8737952308.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Some males go through phases like that, let him out to burn off some energy but do so in a " safe " area. Check that there are no small objects that he might swallow like coins, paper clip, small plastic toys, tinsel, etc [ beardies have eaten ALL these items according to posts in this forum ] and no place he could get wedged + hard to reach.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, I noted that on your other thread. Males can get that way, their hormones get out of
control. Some males get worse than others but just keep an eye on him to be sure he doesn't
rub his snout too much.
Do you need me to merge both of your topics together for you?

Tracie

MollyMoo98

Original Poster
Sure that would be great the merge thank you and it turns out Molly is actually a girl. We did a thorough check and She is female. I don't know if that makes a difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom