Lots of muscle twitching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Js16

Hello. My bearded dragon is about 6 years old. For the past couple months he hadn’t eaten or pooped and is lethargic. We recently took him to the vet. At this time he only had a slight little twitch on his back. Admittedly, although we had a repti sun 10.0, we weren’t maintaining keeping it up and replacing it. So the verdict was he probably had low calcium or an infection.

Since the vet visit which was about 3 weeks ago, we got a brand new reptisun 10.0 long uvb that stretches the length of the tank. It is on top of a mesh top. He’s been getting liquid calcium every day for the past 3 weeks now. Oddly enough, I’ve noticed he recently has a very significant increase in the amount of muscle twitching/pulsating on his back and leg muscles. So now I know it is indeed low calcium.

I guess my main question is, wouldn’t you think that with the calcium and new uvb, the muscle twitch should’ve gotten better not worse? Is my beardie too old to reverse the effects of deficient calcium?
I’ve never felt so guilty and this is very tough. Thanks for reading.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am sorry your boy is going through this.
Did the vet do a blood test at all, or an x-ray?
The Reptisun 10, since it was a tube, how far away was/is it from your dragon Since it is mounted
on top of the mesh screen, it is greatly reducing the UVB strength that reaches your dragon. Is
there any way that you can get it mounted underneath of the tank, within a 6 inch distance from
him?
Please post pictures of your tank setup for us, along with your dragon, just so we can see his
condition & the light placement.
How much liquid calcium does he get daily?

Is he able to walk, run & climb while supporting himself on all fours without much difficulty?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom