Normal or Clogged Femoral Pores?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NovaStaar

My male beardie Frank is a male who is about 8 years old (he was rescued by a family friend so we aren't completely sure). I'm not sure if his femoral pores are clogged or normal. Here are some pictures.
101477-1964085256.jpg
101477-538608567.jpg
101477-1431083186.jpg
101477-9254592764.jpg
101477-3041980965.jpg
The images might not portray this right but a few of the femoral pores in the center (right by the vent) have some excess wax on them and I am working on clearing those out. I brush them with a toothbrush in and after a bath. I am more worried about the pores further out on his legs.
I can't give him a bath every day currently because of school but I still bathe him at least once a week. Additionally, Frank despises baths and I cannot put any more emphasis on that fact. He will hide in the corner of the bathroom when he knows he is about to get a bath.
101477-6388255651.jpg
Here is Frank's.
If more pictures are needed, please ask.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Poor Frank, hates the bath's huh ? Well those pores aren't too bad, do you have rough surfaces in his tank to help wear those down ? Post a couple pics of his set up. Very warm baths sometimes help to soften those, but again, Frank's pores are not that bad. Here is a thread about a couple things that can help IF they start to bother him but right now those look O.K.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=144679

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Frank looks good! I don't really think those pores look all that bad. You could also get some
coconut oil to gently rub on them, to massage them into that area.
It doesn't seem to bother him & they don't appear irritated, either.

Tracie

NovaStaar

Original Poster
AHBD":r3kg7fc2 said:
Poor Frank, hates the bath's huh ? Well those pores aren't too bad, do you have rough surfaces in his tank to help wear those down ? Post a couple pics of his set up. Very warm baths sometimes help to soften those, but again, Frank's pores are not that bad. Here is a thread about a couple things that can help IF they start to bother him but right now those look O.K.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=144679

Drache613":r3kg7fc2 said:
Hello,

Frank looks good! I don't really think those pores look all that bad. You could also get some
coconut oil to gently rub on them, to massage them into that area.
It doesn't seem to bother him & they don't appear irritated, either.

Tracie

Thank you both for the reply. Here is his current tank if you still need the pictures.
101477-2617122452.jpg
This is the take that he has lived in for a majority of his life (it was given to us with him from his previous owners); however, I plan to make a larger tank this spring with plenty of rough surfaces and hides.
Thank you so much for the advice! :D Happy holidays!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bert_L
Top Bottom