I need help ASAP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know what’s wrong with my baby!
102273-4904621453.jpg
He sleeps all day, hardly moves. He’s been like this for the last 3 days. He seems lethargic. And today he had a runny stool.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Can you give us some more information like... Symptoms?
Give us a rundown of his enclosure
Basking temps
Warm end temps
cool end temps

Type and brand of UVB
Hours of daylight provided
Substrate
What are you feeding him?

All of these things are VERY important to get right for his survival!!!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Al the questions that Gormagon asked are super important. The right uvb + heat are VERY critical to a baby's health. It's probably nothing you've done wrong at all but possibly a sick baby from the start or else the wrong lighting sold by the pet store.

The baby looks dehydrated, for now drip some water on his nose so he can drink as much as he wants.

Greeneyedgal87

Original Poster
102273-3140210901.jpg
This is the bulbs and spray plus water, calcium, he has floor substitute. Since he has been lethargic, I figured he might be dehydrated so I spray him at least 2-3 times a day and I’ve been sitting him in warm baths in my hands. I got super excited when he decided to swim yesterday. He was eating crickets and greens. He loved green peppers. My son accidentally fed him large crickets. A few days ago. ( I was pretty upset) so I feared he might have an impacted bowel... but he’s been going. Today was the first day I noticed loose stool. I keep the heat lamp in all day all night but the uv bulb will go off around my bed time.

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. See you have a compact uvb. That needs to be replaced with a reptisun 10.0 t5. Also is that a CHE? If so he needs a bright white basking light.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
If the hatchling wont take water (dripped on it's snout) , try nice juicy hornworms or silkworms (about 1 inch long, silkworms are much more nutritious than hornworms, both are juicey and will help hydrate him nicely).
I'd suggest 1 meal per day of silkworms (he'll likely take 4 - 6 in a sitting) , the other two meals the usual insects he's currently being offered.

At the very least : move the UVB compact so it's UNDER the mesh or at least cut a hole in the mesh so it's not being shaded by the mesh (which is quite fine and will be blocking about 45% of the UV).

Is the compact a 13W or a 26W compact ? if it's a 13W , take it back and exchange for an Exo Terra 26W UVB200 , these are very good for a compact and will work well in a SMALL tank.

Keep him warmer than 24 degC overnight, will help him digest his food overnight.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Greeneyedgal87":2w5004i8 said:
102273-3140210901.jpg
This is the bulbs and spray plus water, calcium, he has floor substitute. Since he has been lethargic, I figured he might be dehydrated so I spray him at least 2-3 times a day and I’ve been sitting him in warm baths in my hands. I got super excited when he decided to swim yesterday. He was eating crickets and greens. He loved green peppers. My son accidentally fed him large crickets. A few days ago. ( I was pretty upset) so I feared he might have an impacted bowel... but he’s been going. Today was the first day I noticed loose stool. I keep the heat lamp in all day all night but the uv bulb will go off around my bed time.

NO BATHS please, a sick , lethargic dragon can drown very quickly , and it can also aspirate water into it's lungs which is a very dangerous thing and will likely result in a very serious respiratory infection.
If that dish in the tank is a water dish , remove it.

I recommend replacing shade cloth type hammock with nice tree twig or a nice piece of bark , or a even investing in a medium sized HUBBAHUT to double as a beginner hide & basking platform all in one. The fine mesh is a serious nail snagging hazard for dragons because of their curled nails , once snagged a dragon can do serious injuries trying to unsnag itself.

Feeding , refer to this for suitable sized insects : viewtopic.php?f=18&t=242393

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom