I think Flash is impacted...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaelwizard

Hatchling Member
Hi,
My young (presumed) male bearded dragon may be impacted. He hadn't pooped for 2 days and suddenly did today. It was a HUGE amount of poop and I watched the whole process to make sure he was okay. His anus started to bleed after and now he has a blood stained but. Is he impacted? If so, what should I do?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Can you review your tank setup with us, such as the type/brand of UVB, temperatures, foods
given, supplementation & the substrate used, so we can try to pinpoint what could be going on.
How old is he?
If he is impacted, then you can mix some softer foods for him such as sweet potatoes, butternut
squash or pumpkin, in with some unsweetened applesauce with a drop or two of olive or coconut
oil. Using a plastic syringe or dropper, just drop that onto the end of his nose to see if he will lick
that off. You can also try a nice warm bath, letting him swim around some, to promote the GI tract
to become a little more active.

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie

Kaelwizard

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He is doing better. His lighting is an all in one (heat + UVB). It is and exo terra solar glo light. I fed him carrots, exo terra dragon grub pellets, and in the last few days have fed him mealworms. I just fed him some large crickets as he is big enough to eat them.

Edit: I don't know his exact age, but I can estimate that he is more than 4 months-for sure.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, it's at least part [ or mostly] related to his diet . Carrots are O.K in very small amounts but must be shredded. Chunks can not be chewed well and are hard to digest. Mealworms are O.K. in small numbers only , not as a staple and only for larger juveniles or adults. They should not be fed to babies though. And those things in combination with large crickets [ which may be just a bit on the large side ] would have all been hard to digest.

So cut out the carrots or just shred/grate them and use them in small amounts in a salad with more nutritious greens like collard, kale, turnip, mustard , some romaine, endive, bok choi, dandelion and other chopped veggies like fresh green bean, snap peas and various chopped/shredded squash.

BTW, is the solar glo a 100 or 160 ? In the future you might consider the Megaray MVB, it's the best rated on on the market.

https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwia55Li3_neAhXZusAKHY4qC4EYABABGgJpbQ&sig=AOD64_1I_VKrizk8BC2wKR1funUt2jFdYw&ctype=5&q=&ved=0ahUKEwjauo3i3_neAhWSrIMKHSAoD6YQ9aACCDg&adurl=

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great news he seems to be doing better now. So, is he eating well also?
Is the Solar glo MVB a 100 or 160 watt? Be sure if it is a 160 watt that it isn't any closer than
14 inches to him, for safety.
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Ok, great! I couldn't remember what wattage the Solar Glo's were. Just be sure it's no closer than
a distance of 12 inches or so. Are you also using a tube bulb in combination with it, for extra UVB
too?
How is Flash doing tonight?

Tracie

Kaelwizard

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Drache613":2pj3jzme said:
Hello,

Ok, great! I couldn't remember what wattage the Solar Glo's were. Just be sure it's no closer than
a distance of 12 inches or so. Are you also using a tube bulb in combination with it, for extra UVB
too?
How is Flash doing tonight?

Tracie
I am not using a tube bulb with it. It is about 8" from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom