Beardie Poop Scare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowiesalt

So, this morning, I woke up and saw this...
n5gJTdP.jpg

I guess Nebula (my baby girl) did it in the night... This is the most poop I have ever seen come out of her, and it was EVERYWHERE...

Should I be worried that this might be a health issue? It was mostly on her basking log but it looks like it dripped off and pooled onto her tiles.

I'm just scared because this is my first time owning a reptile of any kind and I love her to pieces... I'm a worried mama..

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Did this happen after lights out ? Because that would be unusual. Did you feed her late and/or anything different in her diet ? If it continues to look this watery or happening in the night you can take her for a fecal test to rule out parasites and then go from there.

Bowiesalt

Original Poster
AHBD":u6kvcyck said:
Did this happen after lights out ? Because that would be unusual. Did you feed her late and/or anything different in her diet ? If it continues to look this watery or happening in the night you can take her for a fecal test to rule out parasites and then go from there.

She was fast asleep at lights out and then made a bunch of noise at around 3:00 in the morning. I checked on her and she was just sitting in her hammock.. Then I wake up and see what’s in the picture above. The only thing different in her diet is that crunchy green and red food that gets mushy with water. Do you think that could be it? I’m hoping it’s not parasites... could it be that she’s had a lot of mealworms lately? She refuses crickets half the time lately for some reason.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Any change in diet could cause it, definitely. Also being fed too late or being out of the tank to long.

If it is parasites they can be treated easily in most cases.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah it could be diet change causing an upset stomach. It's odd that it happened overnight but not unheard of. Do be sure to clean and bake that log to sanitize it. Oven at 250 for about 30-45 min or so should do the trick after you've washed it off well.

Hopefully the poop will return to normal soon. If it continues to look messy like that for a week or two then a fecal test is a good idea. You might want to stick with fresh veges and live bugs rather than the processed food and see if that helps too.

Bowiesalt

Original Poster
Bowiesalt":2tec9exo said:
So, this morning, I woke up and saw this...
n5gJTdP.jpg

I guess Nebula (my baby girl) did it in the night... This is the most poop I have ever seen come out of her, and it was EVERYWHERE...

Should I be worried that this might be a health issue? It was mostly on her basking log but it looks like it dripped off and pooled onto her tiles.

I'm just scared because this is my first time owning a reptile of any kind and I love her to pieces... I'm a worried mama..

Update:

Took these pics of her when I checked on her a while ago... Wanna see if she looks alright?

VnE7g2x.jpg

Uno0Blp.jpg

Bowiesalt

Original Poster
CooperDragon":292z023j said:
Yeah it could be diet change causing an upset stomach. It's odd that it happened overnight but not unheard of. Do be sure to clean and bake that log to sanitize it. Oven at 250 for about 30-45 min or so should do the trick after you've washed it off well.

Hopefully the poop will return to normal soon. If it continues to look messy like that for a week or two then a fecal test is a good idea. You might want to stick with fresh veges and live bugs rather than the processed food and see if that helps too.

Will make sure to tell my father to pause on the processed for a while as he also feeds her... Didn't know I had to bake the log, I washed it off with hot water and soap while scrubbing it hard... As you can see in the photo below though, it is now discolored.. I'm so inexperienced with these things :oops:

Uno0Blp.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's probably good enough. The color will likely come back as the log dries out. You can still put it in the oven to disinfect it if you want, but if it's cleaned well, that should be OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom