Baths??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarlowAndMe

Juvie Member
A shallow amount of water just up to their elbows seems good for mine. I use a baby bath but it could be your sink or some use their bath ( be sure to clean it well after ) and it should be about 85-92f ( 29-33c) I ain for 31c bad I purchased a cheap temp gun to check the bath water as well as an extra for checking his enclosure temps. I just gently scoop small amounts in my hand and softly drizzle it over his back and any shedding spots
I don’t put any near his head except I drop 2-3 droplets on near his mouth using my finger so he can have a drink if he wants

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I use a turkey roasting pan because it's portable and easy to clean. I fill it to about the elbow level with warm water (I check the temp using the inside of my wrist). You can put a washcloth or similar at the bottom to provide some traction. They should be able to easily keep their head above water with their feet on the bottom. If they are soiled you can use a mild soap like Dr Bronner's Baby Mild or gently scrub with a soft toothbrush.

Not all of them like baths. It's fine to offer them if they seem to enjoy it but it's not worth the stress if they don't like it. If they don't like baths, hold off on them unless they are soiled and really need to be cleaned up.

HanG

i bath my dragon about once or twice a week, I use the bath even though he’s only a small one, I fill it up so the middle is up to his elbows, I provide him a rock to sit on in the middle as it lowers his stress(he has the option of when he goes in). You can leave him in there for 15-30 minutes as lost as you assure to keep checking it’s not getting too cold for him. It is really good for shedding and constipation :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom