My female Layed eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just had a question. had no idea my female was brewing a batch off eggs. (just barely figured out it was a she and not a he lol). I have nothing to get a lay box ready no sand or dirt. she laid 17 eggs in her tank in her little hidey hole. I have her in a warm bath right now to try and help her lay more. (only thing i could think of since it helps her poop sometimes). The eggs are not fertile she has never had a "friend" should i be worried what should i do. I am freaking out cause I am so clueless and everything i read says have a lay box.Is there some other thing i could use as substrate? Do they actually need a lay box? Should I just toss the eggs?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your girl doing tonight, after laying eggs?
Unless she is acting ill, she should be just fine. I would give her some extra fluids & calcium for
a week or so, just to be sure her calcium reserves are up. She could probably use some extra
food also for a little bit.
Since they are not fertile, you can just throw the eggs out, correct. Usually it's best to try & get a
laybox made, but a lot of them will lay eggs outside of a box & in their hides or tanks, etc. They
can sometimes retain the eggs if an appropriate place isn't found for them to lay them. It sounds
like she was comfortable in her tank, enough to lay them.
Just watch her to be sure she doesn't show any signs of straining with nothing coming out, a black
beard, lethargic behaviour, etc.

Tracie

Cronoswolfbane

Original Poster
She's doing fine and is very active today super hungry. I don't have any calcium supplement but i do have a bunch of BSFL for her to eat and some dried pellets that are pretty good. As well as some lettuce and bok choy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom