PLEASE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizkab

My 3 year old beardie stopped eating worms and crickets for a while. She was enjoying greens and various fruits + veggies. Yesterday she ate maybe one green and some hard boiled egg and today she has been scratching at the glass all day while running around frantically. The tip of her tongue is also slightly yellowish and I'm not sure if thats from squash or eggs. I took her out right now and she's running around my bed.I made posts yesterday but no one responded. Please help, I'm very worried.
88794-6537047247.jpg
88794-9575362680.jpg

Foxxy76

You may want to post the tank set up and size to help people think of ideas. Sometimes beardies glass surf because their tank is too small or their environment isn't stimulating them. An idea of what is available in the tank may help too as well as heat set up. It would be good to know when her last bowel movement was as well just to check that off the list. Since she is a "she" do you know if she may be wanting to lay eggs? You could set up a dig box and see if she becomes interested in it. I've only had male beardies but I know some females have had problems laying eggs. Some bearded dragons are going into brumation around this time which can affect their eating and sleeping habits. My beardie is going through this right now where he is sleeping more, eating less and I soak him every few days to keep him hydrated and well as encourage him to use the bathroom. (You don't want them keeping their bowels full and during this time they may not be active enough to pass it themselves). Those are the some ideas I have but I'm not an expert! You could always call your local reptile vet to see what they say or take her in for an exam. Hope this helps a little!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, it's very likely that she has eggs to lay as the other poster mentioned. Set up a lay box ASAP because some females can become eggbound if they don't have a place to lay. [ While other females lay them anywhere ] This video shows how to set up a good laybox.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNwqHsV7peE

lizkab

Original Poster
Foxxy76":319pn2k3 said:
You may want to post the tank set up and size to help people think of ideas. Sometimes beardies glass surf because their tank is too small or their environment isn't stimulating them. An idea of what is available in the tank may help too as well as heat set up. It would be good to know when her last bowel movement was as well just to check that off the list. Since she is a "she" do you know if she may be wanting to lay eggs? You could set up a dig box and see if she becomes interested in it. I've only had male beardies but I know some females have had problems laying eggs. Some bearded dragons are going into brumation around this time which can affect their eating and sleeping habits. My beardie is going through this right now where he is sleeping more, eating less and I soak him every few days to keep him hydrated and well as encourage him to use the bathroom. (You don't want them keeping their bowels full and during this time they may not be active enough to pass it themselves). Those are the some ideas I have but I'm not an expert! You could always call your local reptile vet to see what they say or take her in for an exam. Hope this helps a little!
Hi thank you so much for replying, we have a 20 gallon tank and are in the process of upgrading to a 55 gallon. She seems to have calmed down after I took her out of the cage and is now sleeping. I'll set up a laying box in the morning if the scratching retorts again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom