Beardie isn't eating worms or crickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizkab

So I haven't posted in a while. My beardie is about 3 years old and her name is Sandy. We recently went through rough time with her where no one had time to pay her the attention she needs. However, we have recently been able to provide her with the proper attention and she has been doing really well Sandy doesn't eat worms and crickets anymore. but she loves greens and squash. I also give her fruits from time to time and today we tried hard boiled egg. Should I be worried that she isn't eating worms or crickets?[
88794-6537047247.jpg
88794-9575362680.jpg

BigSkyMom

Hi lizkab. Your dragon looks good so I would not be worried if she is not exhibiting any abnormal behavior. Can you tell me what "salad" you are offering. Also, what type of worms (super worms are a good choice)? Adults can grow tired of crickets, so dubia roaches are a great choice.
There are also insect alternative products on the market you can mix in with the salad. I have the Nat Geo Adult Bearded Dragon Entree but Rapashy makes them too. Please look on the FAQ page for more choices for your veggie loving dragon!

lizkab

Original Poster
BigSkyMom":3m6hle8y said:
Hi lizkab. Your dragon looks good so I would not be worried if she is not exhibiting any abnormal behavior. Can you tell me what "salad" you are offering. Also, what type of worms (super worms are a good choice)? Adults can grow tired of crickets, so dubia roaches are a great choice.
There are also insect alternative products on the market you can mix in with the salad. I have the Nat Geo Adult Bearded Dragon Entree but Rapashy makes them too. Please look on the FAQ page for more choices for your veggie loving dragon!
Hi thank you so much for replying! She refuses to eat both super worms and mealworms. As for salad we usually give her butternut squash and a mix of salad greens or basil.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
She's extremely well fed so just be careful, she's getting up to the overweight range. In your other thread you mentioned her sudden frantic digging so she might have eggs. Is she still doing that ? If she had eggs it would explain her sudden loss of appetite and huge girth which would be fine if she were carrying a clutch of eggs. If not, it's best to cut back on the feeders now anyway. She may be doing so on her own since she has so much heft on her. She's very beautiful though !

lizkab

Original Poster
AHBD":y8fmvi1b said:
She's extremely well fed so just be careful, she's getting up to the overweight range. In your other thread you mentioned her sudden frantic digging so she might have eggs. Is she still doing that ? If she had eggs it would explain her sudden loss of appetite and huge girth which would be fine if she were carrying a clutch of eggs. If not, it's best to cut back on the feeders now anyway. She may be doing so on her own since she has so much heft on her. She's very beautiful though !
Thank you so much! She was scratching again this morning and I'm actually worried if she has eggs. I'm not sure what to do with that as she's my first beardie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom