Need help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savage2018

My beardie is about 7 months old his bottom jaw sticks out further then top what is it? Also his tail has bumbs on it. Thanks for any help... I don't know how to put any pictures up I'm new to this

Savage2018

Original Poster
101902-7496831203.jpg
101902-7496831203.jpg
]My beardie is about 7 months old his bottom jaw sticks out further then top what is it? Also his tail has bumbs on it. Thanks for any help... I don't know how to put any pictures up I'm new to this[/quote]

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, both problems are due to MBD [ metabolic bone disease ] He is either not getting enough calcium and / OR not getting the proper uvb. This is not your fault, you probably got a set up from whatever the pet store told you to get. So here are some VERY important Q's/ What exact uvb bulb do you have and how far is it from where he basks ? Look for the brand name on the bulb, better yet, get some pics of it. You will need a good linear [ long tube ] bulb like Arcadia D3 which can be ordered here along with the fixture:

http://www.lightyourreptiles.com/arcadia-d3-ho-t5-14-uvb-dragon-lamp-34-inch/

Or get an all in one heat + uvb :

https://www.amazon.com/Mega-Ray-Mercury-Vapor-Bulb-Watts/dp/B00TQG6DRI

Is he eating well ? Do you use a calcium supplement ? Even if you do, he can't absorb it without the proper uvb. Getting him out in the sun [ if you're in a warm climate ] can also be very helpful. But for now, show us what uvb you have, what his temps. are and a pic of the entire tank as well as the bulbs.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh, the poor dear, he has advanced metabolic bone disease.
As already suggested, you absolutely will need to upgrade his UVB lighting to help him out.
I would also recommend getting him on a strong liquid calcium as well to help him more
readily absorb it.
Does he have any appetite at all right now, is he able to chew?

Tracie

Savage2018

Original Poster
Yes he eats all the time runs around all over the place the bulbs I use are reptisun 5.0 uvb 13 watt tropical and a 60 daylight blue reptile bulb. And I use calcium powder for his food.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It's good that he's active. Your bulbs are definitely no good though so he's getting VERY little uvb. Get either of the uvb bulbs I mentioned and get rid of the blue daylight bulb. Just a fancy bulb the stores make money on. Do you want to know where many breeders and long time owners get their heat buls ? From Walmart, Home Depot, Lowe's, etc. Just get a 4 pack of 70-100 watt bulbs [ halogen or other incandescent ] for heat. They will last longer + be much less expensive. Pet store bulbs in general are no good. The intense basking bulbs are also not recommended because they just put out a small beam of intense heat in one spot. So just get the regular household bulbs that I mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom