SOS SOMEONE HELP ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
ahhh i am so nervous/scared for my lizard. My male, 16-17 month old bearded dragon hasnt had any appetite. It has been this way since july i took my lizard to the vet and she said he was one of the healthiest she has seen and we did a fecal test and it came back clean. he has no parasites. But he still has no appetite and since he wont eat he wont poop. I called my vet and now i ma force feeding him. PLZZZZ HELP WHY WONT HE EAT!! He used to eat like crazy and than i went i vacation and my aunt watched him and she said he ate a bunch and when he came home it was like a totally different lizard!

Shadow13

Mine has done this from time to time. If I force feed him once or twice he usually regains his appetite. Has anything changed lately food or space where food has been given?

BeardedDragon5665

Original Poster
Shadow13":2ohtglvi said:
Mine has done this from time to time. If I force feed him once or twice he usually regains his appetite. Has anything changed lately food or space where food has been given?

yes about 2-3 months ago he got a new bigger cage

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Do you know exactly what your aunt fed him while you were gone?
Do you think she kept him warm enough I hope?
Please review your tank setup with us, such as the type/brand of UVB, temperatures &
foods given so we can be sure it is all correct for him.

Tracie

BeardedDragon5665

Original Poster
Drache613":29jtbpkc said:
Hello,

Do you know exactly what your aunt fed him while you were gone?
Do you think she kept him warm enough I hope?
Please review your tank setup with us, such as the type/brand of UVB, temperatures &
foods given so we can be sure it is all correct for him.

Tracie
yes he got large crickets and collard/kale greens with calcium spray
now he eats, the same thing but super worm because he refuses to eat crickets, every time i try to reintroduce them he refuses them. but obviously now he eats nothing unless i force him to
though a couple of days ago he ate like crazy out of nowhere and now wont eat anything again.
the tank is a 50 gallon that has two heat lamps but he doesn't need to have the second one on unless its rlly cold and on the other side just a zoo med UV light. the warm side is about 93 and the other is 88-89 now that he has stopped eating he spends almost all his time on the cool side. i suspected burmination but i dont think burmination would lat from july to november

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Is the Reptisun UVB light, a long fluorescent tube or a short compact/coil
light?
At his age, he should be able to handle the large crickets. Is he used to
eating that particular sized crickets then without any trouble?
Are you using a digital probe or a temp gun to measure the temperatures
with?
They can brumate later in the year as well as in the summer to fall as well.
Do you have any pictures of him, along with his setup you could post here
for us?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom