Grimsby Acting Lethargic. Sleeping all day

Status
Not open for further replies.

eeaston16

So it could be that he is going into brumation, he is the correct age for it. it started this past month with him acting really lethargic, but these past three days he has been sleeping all day. He is a little lethargic, but i have a scheduled vet appt for him on friday. He will be getting a fecal sample tested, what else should he be tested for?

Reccomendations for his care during brumation and what he needs. Should i still feed him or should i not. How can i get him to be more hydrated, he needs more water. should i ask for them to hydrate him at the vet?

thank you,
Emma & Grimsby

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Is he just acting like he's on a sleeping pill? All groggy and eyes half open sometimes? That's usually what brumation looks like with my guy. Several days sleeping then awake a little bit then back to sleeping.

Take him out every few days or so and weigh him. Then offer drops of water for him to lick up. I haven't run into problems offering small snacks (a few pieces of squash or greens) now and then but they tend not to want food very much. They poop much less frequently as a result but their weight should stay pretty stable.

It's good to have a fecal test done to check for parasites before they go down but I wouldn't bother if he's already brumating. My guy started to sleep before I could get a vet check in but he seems OK. I'd shoot for a wellness exam once he wakes back up unless his weight is dropping or something looks wrong (black beard, discoloration, weight loss, etc).

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, it is usually a good idea to get a fecal done, if possible, just to rule out that
possibility. This is the time of year though, that many of them do get slown down, stop
eating & sleep a lot.
Do you have a vet to take him into?
How old is he?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom