Young female egg bound, partially paralyzed legs

Status
Not open for further replies.

RuthBeardies

Hi,

I am new here and sought you all out to get help with my baby girl.

We noticed about a week and a half ago that she wasn't eating. Everywhere we looked said that she was probably going through bromation. She is roughly 8-10 months old, so we figured it was about time. Because of this we didn't worry that she wasn't moving much, eating, or pooping.
Last night we pulled her out to check on her and noticed that her back legs weren't working properly. She can move them with little problem, but they just can't seem to coordinate themselves to help her move. Also, we saw that her spine above her hips is raised. So we immediately knew she much be impacted down there.
We spent two hours working with her to help her pass it with warm bathes, gentle massaging, and a little baby prune food. FINALLY it came out...but it wasn't poop. It was a slug. Soooo, we are not concerned more than ever.

I was able to get her to eat about 3-4 teaspoons of a 1 part thick calorie suppliment and 3-4 parts water to help her eat it easier and later added some reptivite to help with missing vitamins.

We noticed her UV light was out, and we are unsure of how long it has been out.

I know that the bound egg probably caused the partial paralysis and lump in her spine.

We can't easily afford to take her to the vet. So I am hoping that you all can help me by either giving advice, encouragement, or your own story.
Thank you for reading :)

Please, help us save our baby girl.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Ruth, this is a critical situation and a good reptile vet should be consulted. Other than that you have to keep up with the calcium, hydration, nutrition, + warm baths. many eggbound females die so you are in a mess with her in that condition. Can you post pics of her ? Here's how :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/

Then use the XIMG to upload them

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh dear, I agree, if she is egg bound & it's causing those symptoms
now, then it could be very serious.
Are you able to get her to the vets at all? Pictures would be helpful
when you can get them posted. Is her beard black & does she still have
the lump on her spine too?

Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Any updates on how your girl is doing today? Please let us know how things are going.
I hope she is improving for you.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom