Concerned About Yellow Fungus

Status
Not open for further replies.

KatLynne

Hi all,

I have a beardie named Mars, and on Monday I picked up him up from boarding when I noticed something strange on his toe (he boards at an exotics vet when I go out of town). It looked like he had no scales on one of his toes but there's no injury, it's just smooth and like this off white-ish color. Naturally I start googling, and one of the things that pops up is yellow fungus. So I start inspecting him all over, and it looks like there is some discoloration on his stomach. I freaked out and called the vet, but they said they haven't had any reptiles in with fungal infections and that he is always kept by himself. I made an appointment at the larger exotics hospital in the area and of course they always say "Bring him in" no matter what, but I can't tell if this is something I should have him looked at for or if I'm just overreacting and this is something else.

Would y'all mind taking a look at the pics and telling me what you think? I've circled in red on some of them to highlight what I mean. I'd rather not take him in if I'm just being dramatic, because then that's $100 down the drain for my paranoia lol. (The last time I jumped the gun on the vet, it was for my old beardie Zeus... I had spotted some blood in his mouth, freaked out and off we went. Well $250 later, the vet tells me he just bit his tongue when he failed to chew his food. :roll: )

Anywho, thanks you guys! I'm really worried but I also don't want to flush money down the toilet on an unnecessary vet visit.

89562-1540448573.jpg
89562-8559889467.jpg
89562-2497055312.jpg
89562-6440522293.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Kat, save your money, I don't see anything that looks like Y.F. at all. His belly may be just slightly dirty and/or heading for a shed. Their stomach is rarely pure white because they walk + lay on all sorts of objects and also turns off/white between sheds . Mars looks fine. :)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Beardies can gets small cuts/scrapes + blemishes simply because the like to jump, sctratch + dig throughout the tank. He may have been a bit stressed and done more digging/scratching while boarded because he wanted out or just out of boredom.

You can put a bit of Neosopin on it if you like.

With anything that seems even a bit out of the ordinary though , just keep an eye on areas that concern you. If you suddenly saw more pronounced areas of yellow or darker unexplained spots then you could def. have a vet do a skin scraping right off the bat to eliminate the possibility of Y.F.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom