MBD in 4 month old bearded dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

brancosey

Information:
I have a few questions and I was wondering if some of you all could help me out. I have a 4 month old beardie that weighs .4 oz and 7 inches long. I have taken her to the vet three times now. I have also taken her to two separate veterinarians. The most recent vet told me that she has MBD, and they gave me 5 calcium injections to directly give her. The vet also gave me calcium to inject directly into her food everyday for the next couple months. I am on day 4 of the calcium injections and I do not believe that it is helping. She is just laying around hardly moving and barley eating. Her feet are very swollen and she cannot really use her two front legs. Before she developed this disease, she was very active always running around and always hungry. She use to eat 40 to 60 phoenix worms a day. She is in a 50 gallon tank that has a hot side and a cold side. I use a mercury vapor bulb, her basking spot is at 100 degrees and cold side is at 80 degrees.

Questions:
The past two shots I have given her, a little bit of the calcium oozed out of her arm and I just want to know if I am doing it right?

How long will it take for me to see a change in her and will she ever be back to normal?

What can I do to make sure to help my girl out as much as possible?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That's too bad you have to give calcium shots, but at least there are only 5. Simply push in the
syringe, draw back to be sure you haven't hit a blood vessel, then push in the liquid slowly. If a
little bit oozes out that is ok, she is still getting enough.
Do you have any pictures of her along with her tank setup we could see?
She may be too small for them to have done a blood test on though.
Is she not eating much at all then?
Be sure to keep her around 80 overnight right now, while she isn't feeling well.
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Poor ittle thing, she's way too small for shots . :( No wonder she won't move, she is sick and now is in pain from the injections. I'd cut that out ASAP. Were her feet swollen before or just since the injections ? Get some Fluker's Repta boost and Repashy grub pie. Mix a tiny bit of calcium in either or both [ mix the 2 together ] and see if she'll take some. If it's warm where you live, take her out in the sun.

What type of mercury vapor bulb do you have ? Can you post pics of her [ show her feet where the swelling is in one pic ] and pics of her set up ? Here's how :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom