Small lump on beard

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_phndl9Lxwp1t0yxrw_1280.jpg

tumblr_phndlaq1xN1t0yxrw_1280.jpg

We noticed a small lump on our dragon's beard. Not sure if it's always been there or not, we got him a couple months ago from owners who gave him up after 4 years. Just trying to be extra cautious. We've never fed him crickets.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How long has the lump been on her beard?
Is it hard to the touch? A scale possibly could have gotten infected somehow, if a scale was
retained during a shed. Has it gotten any larger?

Tracie

CrazyZombieGal

Original Poster
Drache613":8g6psya3 said:
Hello,

How long has the lump been on her beard?
Is it hard to the touch? A scale possibly could have gotten infected somehow, if a scale was
retained during a shed. Has it gotten any larger?

Tracie
We aren't sure how long it's been there, but we don't think it was always there. He is currently in the process of shedding. The bump is hard but seems to be maintaining the same size.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

These types of bumps can be cysts most of the time. It's a little small to be a tumor but not
out of the question. If it stays the same size & isn't bothering her then you can take your time
& find a good vet to try & aspirate any fluids from it.
How is she doing today?

Tracie

CrazyZombieGal

Original Poster
Drache613":1jrmz5gj said:
Hello,

These types of bumps can be cysts most of the time. It's a little small to be a tumor but not
out of the question. If it stays the same size & isn't bothering her then you can take your time
& find a good vet to try & aspirate any fluids from it.
How is she doing today?

Tracie
He's always in a good mood. Loves to be held, he slept with my boyfriend on the couch for most of the night. Ate some cucumber and apple, always seem to have a good appetite. I'm glad to hear it shouldn't be an immediate problem, we live in rural Maine so we'll have to do some traveling to get him to a good vet.

CrazyZombieGal

Original Poster
AHBD":2fofhoqp said:
Pardon me for being nosy, do you mean on the back of the neck ?
Don't apologize! I'm here for questions as much as answers! It is kind of on the back of the neck, but off to the right side.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I really do need my eye appt. coming up on Thursday. :) I didn't even see your finger pointing to it in the first pic. It doesn't look serious, as Tracie mentioned just see if it stays the same or gets worse, hopefully just a little pimple like blemish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom